Self Introduction.

Please announce about yourself here. This forum is for only new members of Aquapetz!
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Self Introduction.

Unread post by Zakk »

Mr Nair from Shiva's Discus? Is that you?
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Zakk wrote:Mr Nair from Shiva's Discus? Is that you?
Yes, Shiva the Great is here.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Zakk »

that is so cool!

Mr. Nair, you are a legend! its awesome to have you here.
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com
Ansh681
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ansh681 »

Hello Everyone

My name is Himanshu and i'm from Chandigarh. I have been in this hobby for just 2 years. I started with a small tank but now I have a 50 gallon Triangular tank. Already having plans to get a bigger tank... I have goldies, angels, ID sharks, Silver dollars, Oscars, Blood Parrot Fish, Bettas. Journey till now in this hobby was full of ups and downs, but I'm really happy to know that We've got a forum and members specifically from North India who can guide everyone here. I would really appreciate Scorpio's (Rajiv ji) efforts to bring this forum for all those new enthusiasts and for exisitng hobbyists also.

Regards
Himanshu
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Himanshu, you are most welcome here. We are not working against any area/any forum. Hobbyists from all over India/world are welcome here. IAH is good forum but some factors inside the forum inspire me to start a new forum. All of we are friends. All of we have common aim to keeping aquariums, we should work to popularized the hobby in all over India/world.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

Ansh681
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ansh681 »

Even I'm not saying that we are against anyone / forum. Guidance is something which you can get from anyone from any place . I was talking in context to livestock, plants, etc. as some of these items are not easily available in North India as compared to Southern States. This forum will definitely help people like me who need to run from pillar to post to get some good plants.

Regards
Himanshu
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Ansh681 wrote:Even I'm not saying that we are against anyone / forum. Guidance is something which you can get from anyone from any place . I was talking in context to livestock, plants, etc. as some of these items are not easily available in North India as compared to Southern States. This forum will definitely help people like me who need to run from pillar to post to get some good plants.

Regards
Himanshu
I am agree to you. Now we can easily share plants/fishes etc. We always look up Chennai/Banglore for the livestock. Which plants are you looking for?

Ansh681
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ansh681 »

Right now I don't think I will be able to put in some plants as I have Oscars in my tank. If I'm not wrong I can't have plants in that tank as they will uproot all the plants, right ???

Regards
Himanshu
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Ansh681 wrote:Right now I don't think I will be able to put in some plants as I have Oscars in my tank. If I'm not wrong I can't have plants in that tank as they will uproot all the plants, right ???

Regards
Himanshu
Start a new topic in the cichlid forum.

vijendra_s123
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

Hi I am Vijendra, currently working as a Senior Research Analyst in a Research firm in Gurgaon. Into this wonderful hobby since the last may be 20 years.

Had one aquarium that my father and elder brother bought some 20 years back, was not much interested back then, but seeing the enthu of both my father and brother it was not long that i too caught the FISH FEVER. Had a small 2.5 Feeter then, which was later upgraded to a 200 gallon cement tank on our terrace :D, Had kept all sort of fishes from Guppies to Discus in these 16 years. Got my first planted tank a year back though. Currently have 5 tanks 1 - 125gallon hi tech planted, 2 - an upcoming 18 gallon hi tech planted, 3 - a low tech planted nano, 4 - A 22 gallon reef tank and last 5 - a 25 gallon dark water tank. Will post the 125 gn pics soon and will make a journal of the upcoming 18 gn one.

My father lives in Pune now and still maintains a 3.5Ft fish only tank. My brother is based in London and he too has a 30 gn high tech planted :D, M pretty sure that this hobby will run for generations in our family..... ;)
Last edited by vijendra_s123 on Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.