aquarium construction

Discuss about equipments required in marine setups.
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

aquarium construction

Unread post by vikas »

hii guys.. i am going to order a new tank and it will be 4-5 footer but shops here are not so good and costs very high for such tanks so i am thinking about giving order to any glass shop they can make it easily. so need some information guys. is there any particular glass or any glass can be used for aquariums and any dimension will work or there is any rule for this?
moz lo roz lo na mile to khoz lo ---

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
aamir
Experts
Experts

Re: aquarium construction

Unread post by aamir »

First of all fix a size that you want to go for so that one can tell you the proper thickness of the glass .
Its a big tank so i will suggest to go for a experienced guy rather than relaying on the glass shop guy cause small leak can mean in total tank breakdown
Last but not the least use good quality sillicon like (dow corning)and proper bracing for the tank
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

aamir wrote:First of all fix a size that you want to go for so that one can tell you the proper thickness of the glass .
Its a big tank so i will suggest to go for a experienced guy rather than relaying on the glass shop guy cause small leak can mean in total tank breakdown
Last but not the least use good quality sillicon like (dow corning)and proper bracing for the tank
:1

You can also try constructing yourself you'll need one more helper. Aamir is expert in this he can guide you well.
For glass thickness refer http://www.theaquatools.com/building-your-aquarium keep the safety factor min 2.5 or 3
Last edited by Matrix on Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
---
Amol
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

Matrix wrote:
aamir wrote:First of all fix a size that you want to go for so that one can tell you the proper thickness of the glass .
:1

You can also try constructing yourself you'll need one more helper. Aamir is expert in this he can guide you well.
For glass thickness refer http://www.theaquatools.com/building-your-aquarium keep the safety factor min 2.5 or 3
---
Amol
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by shergill00 »

Vikas most of the glass shop guys know nothing about fixing glass and it might turn out to be a disaster. As Aamir said first decide on dimensions and also speak to LFS, they would also tell you which kind of glass they use and thickness you should use. You should consult a professional. OR you need to invite some Hobbyist from Delhi who can help you. BTW Aamir is the guy for it. 666 he is lot of experience in making it, If you can convince him
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

lfs here have no idea about aquarium construction they only how to sell a goldie . there is one shop who makes aquarium on order but all dimensions and glass must be selected by owner. it will be a 4 footer then what height and breadth should i go for and glass thickness?

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Ashok
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ashok »

vikas wrote:lfs here have no idea about aquarium construction they only how to sell a goldie . there is one shop who makes aquarium on order but all dimensions and glass must be selected by owner. it will be a 4 footer then what height and breadth should i go for and glass thickness?
Vikas,check for 50" x 20" x 20" in 10 mm glass.

Ashok
Ashok
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

Ashok wrote:
vikas wrote:lfs here have no idea about aquarium construction they only how to sell a goldie . there is one shop who makes aquarium on order but all dimensions and glass must be selected by owner. it will be a 4 footer then what height and breadth should i go for and glass thickness?
Vikas,check for 50" x 20" x 20" in 10 mm glass.

Ashok
ok buddy

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

a dream dimension for a tank, that is fairly standard, but makes for a very heavy tank, and needs an angle iron stand that is confirmed to be strong enough, is 4 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet. Tirthankar Chattopadhyay and Vijendra Suryavanshi owned this size.

the day i have space, i will go for it... if u have it already, u might consider it.
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

Romi wrote:a dream dimension for a tank, that is fairly standard, but makes for a very heavy tank, and needs an angle iron stand that is confirmed to be strong enough, is 4 feet by 2 feet by 2 feet. Tirthankar Chattopadhyay and Vijendra Suryavanshi owned this size.

the day i have space, i will go for it... if u have it already, u might consider it.
Mine is also 4' x 2' x 2' = 99gal tank constructed using 12mm thick glass, it was my first big tank and i constructed it myself. Its not that difficult.
---
Amol