Aplocheilus panchax bred again!!!

Discus here about fish breeding and fry care.
jack

Re: Aplocheilus panchax breeded again!!!

Unread post by jack »

happy father hood :)
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
bobvin
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by bobvin »

i have received 15 fry from this batch.
devchitra
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by devchitra »

very nice.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Thanks guys.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
jackdanio
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by jackdanio »

yipi I was trying to identify the fish which arrived by mistake in my planted tank.
Now the mystery is solved. It is definitely the very delicate looking and pretty Panchax.
Thanx Rajivji. Probably one of the eggs came along with the plants that I collected during the meet at Bappadas place during Feb/ March survived the ordeal of being in a mug for a couple of days, the flight to Jabalpur between newspapers and finally hatched in my tank. Is this possible? Well I have a living proof. I shall now read up on this fish which mostly remains on the surface and can definitely hold its own against bigger fish. Any preferred tank mates? Can they go with tetras? How big do they grow? I am interested to learn more!
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

jackdanio wrote:yipi I was trying to identify the fish which arrived by mistake in my planted tank.
Now the mystery is solved. It is definitely the very delicate looking and pretty Panchax.
Thanx Rajivji. Probably one of the eggs came along with the plants that I collected during the meet at Bappadas place during Feb/ March survived the ordeal of being in a mug for a couple of days, the flight to Jabalpur between newspapers and finally hatched in my tank. Is this possible? Well I have a living proof. I shall now read up on this fish which mostly remains on the surface and can definitely hold its own against bigger fish. Any preferred tank mates? Can they go with tetras? How big do they grow? I am interested to learn more!
Yes, it is possible. Eggs of these fishes can be store in favorable conditions.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

jackdanio
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Aplocheilus panchax bred again!!!

Unread post by jackdanio »

Thanx Rajivji. I am now looking for some company for my lonely Panchax. I shall try to get it from LFS
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Aplocheilus panchax bred again!!!

Unread post by SCORPIO »

jackdanio wrote:Thanx Rajivji. I am now looking for some company for my lonely Panchax. I shall try to get it from LFS
They are not available too much frequently. You have to make search for these.