how to breed cardinal tetra

Discus here about fish breeding and fry care.
Hobbylover
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: how to breed cardinal tetra

Unread post by Hobbylover »

raphael2k2000 wrote:you mean all that cardinal/neon we get in india are imported?
I didn't say anything about Neon. Because neon breed even in Tank environment(Source: Personal observation in a Hobbyist's tank). That may/may not sound exceptional but never seen such case with cardinals
rahulm wrote:
raphael2k2000 wrote:
you mean all that cardinal/neon we get in india are imported?
i highly doubt anybody in India has got imported stocks.for your info, cardinals are bred commercially in a large scale in maharastra as well as in pockets of south India.
I seriously doubt this. Re verified this statement from some big fellas in Fish Business & I was on receive'r end for their taunts(never really mind it know them very well :)). Cardinal tetras breed in Maharashtra :cnf I would love to hear who they are.

And about South India I equally sure. Don't know about other parts but Chennai guys importing them not breeding

And had cardinal tetras breeding in India price wouldn't have fluctuated with dollar rate if you noticed carefully. Again I'm talking about prices in Mumbai which I'm carefully following specifically for cardinal tetras since a year.
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

Agree to the extent of not having many hatcheries or non at all.
But they must be, in breeding centres of south east Asia. So if anyone can throw light how they manage it please? If its spawn that is challenging or raising fry.
rahulm
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rahulm »

Hobbylover wrote:
I seriously doubt this. Re verified this statement from some big fellas in Fish Business & I was on receive'r end for their taunts(never really mind it know them very well :)). Cardinal tetras breed in Maharashtra :cnf I would love to hear who they are.

And about South India I equally sure. Don't know about other parts but Chennai guys importing them not breeding

And had cardinal tetras breeding in India price wouldn't have fluctuated with dollar rate if you noticed carefully. Again I'm talking about prices in Mumbai which I'm carefully following specifically for cardinal tetras since a year.
my dear friend, i too doubt whether those folks are really big actually. heres a link just to give you a hint of whats going on in our country(not known to you) :
http://www.javedfisheries.com/ff_tetras.html

and there are many more.this showed up online and most dont.this farm forms just the tip of an iceberg.
and who said that cardinals price fluctuate with dollar prices?looks like you have been badly fooled by your trusted guys.
price of cards in my hometown was 60 each two years ago and now its available at 40 each.this is retail price and the wholesale is way lower.
dont say anything if you dont know.you do have a long way to go.just take a look at the world around you and learn to judge.

and the fact that this thing is now being bred is India is very true.

sorry for this interruption(just telling a truth,nothing else).

lets go on with discussion regarding cardinal breeding and help raphael on how to do it.
Hobbylover
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Hobbylover »

rahulm wrote:
Hobbylover wrote:

my dear friend, i too doubt whether those folks are really big actually. heres a link just to give you a hint of whats going on in our country(not known to you) :
http://www.javedfisheries.com/ff_tetras.html

and there are many more.this showed up online and most dont.this farm forms just the tip of an iceberg.
and who said that cardinals price fluctuate with dollar prices?looks like you have been badly fooled by your trusted guys.
price of cards in my hometown was 60 each two years ago and now its available at 40 each.this is retail price and the wholesale is way lower.
dont say anything if you dont know.you do have a long way to go.just take a look at the world around you and learn to judge.

and the fact that this thing is now being bred is India is very true.

sorry for this interruption(just telling a truth,nothing else).

lets go on with discussion regarding cardinal breeding and help raphael on how to do it.
Well I know Javed & his website....are u sure he breeds cardinal tetra ?? Have u ever visited his hatchery to check out if he is breeding cardinals? I doubt...And even if he told u that he breeds then he made fool of u. And Javed is not importer he is stockiest & wholesaler.

well for your kind information, prices were rs.80/- per piece in starting months of last year, then went to rs.90/- It was month of August the prices went down rs.60/- & now it rs.40/- a piece. I will suggest you to visit Wholesaler & spend a day from busy schedule just to clear facts as what stuff arrives from where. Many won't allow you but still if you know anyone try to be present at that time. Do this with two-three wholesaler as cardinal tetras are obvious with each order.

Don't go with Google results always, A manual effort needs to be put in order to cross verify facts available on Internet.

I too don't want any arguments but like to clear some facts & spread knowledge from my personal experience & observation.
rahulm
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rahulm »

yes most wholesalers in our hometown has confessed that cards and neons(along with other tetras) come mostly from maharastra .you can take my word.

and javed may be a wholesaler and stockist but it does proves that he has a supply chain nearby.thats the case of majority of sellers here.
here wholesale price is around 25 each in kolkata(provided you take 100 units or more preordered) . i have dealt with it many a times.now calculate the rate at which the farms sell.
and never in my wildest dreams the prices went up to 90 rs.
am sure our millionaire importers will not give imported cards at that price.they always love to take advantage of the situation.

the so called imported stocks is still a vague term in our country and many are used to saying the word 'imported' not knowing where they come from.and yes i dont believe in google too but theres some facts which cannot be changed.and the fact is for many years tetras are being farmed in a large scale in maharastra.
God bless the so-called imported livestock.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Guys lets not start a fight here. If someone can please provide a journal or document on cardinal breeding. I guess there are some on the internet and what I have written was from one of them.
Sushant
rajivzee
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rajivzee »

:dua
Please keep the discussion healthy, don't try to show your're superior or more knowledgeable than other.

This might help?
http://en.microcosmaquariumexplorer.com ... inal_Tetra
Thanks & Regards
Rajiv Anand

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” ― Mark Twain
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Guys come on track.

I am also agree that many of the tetras are breeded in some parts of Maharastra including neons.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
saikumar

Unread post by saikumar »

I think we have very knowledgeable argument happening. Which everyone needs to know. And we must not stop people from discussing fishy stuff.

Can mod or someone split separate the thread into "Where do cardinals come from to Indian markets"? So lets come to conclusion on both topics.
rahulm
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rahulm »

i must admit that i deviated the topic. a big sorry for that.pls forgive me. :sorry
and what we spoke about has nothing to do with knowledge and stuff. its just sourcing and nothing else. and its known to most. nothing new.
i am also a learner and no one is superior.

coming to the point now.

there has however been sporadic cases of cardinals breeding accidentally in tanks. i was myself shocked when i saw this youtube vid .
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scmnRo1Oapk
its definitely not in India but it shows there could be chances where fry could be raised to its fate .

however someone must shed light on how the facility for breeding cards will be if someone needs to have high output.