Corydoras melini: It's raining eggs

Discus here about fish breeding and fry care.
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Corydoras melini: It's raining eggs

Unread post by saikumar »

Any update here please? I suppose they must have hatched by now :)

vijendra_s123 wrote:
sumer wrote:I am assuming you meant pygmaeus there. Very neat looking cories. Give them a try. Have some frozen bloodworms or grindal worms. They would love it.
They indeed are awesome, bought a few (14) recently. They are meant to be kept in a group of atleast 10+.
Frozen bloodworms are a bit too big for them, I feed the ones I have with BBS, Microworms and Romifex.
Thanks both.

Yes, grindals are here, I liked them for their easy maintenance, rest would be from dry foods. And yes, plan is to get around 10-12, just waiting for the group to consolidate.
Aqua Gardenz
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Aqua Gardenz »

:1
sumer wrote:No serious questions?
I actually posted the same thread in 5 different forums. 3 Indian forums, 1 australian and 1 German.
I am in no way discriminating but it was a simple *test* to see what kind of response I get.
All I got on the Indian forums was: "Lovely", "awesome", "wonderful", "any success raising fry", "I want them too"
Australian forum: Just one person commented but with some amazing advice: "Use leaves that you can take out or take out the parents out if there are many eggs. "
German forum: They asked countless questions and suggested a few things. That conversation gave me a bunch of ideas to try. I am glad I posted there.

We need to learn from them. Where is the curiosity? I have heard many people don't comment because they are jealous! You got to be kidding me. How would you learn if you won't ask questions? I am not an expert and no one knows everything. This hobby is all about experiments and experiences. No worries if you can't get Corydoras melini, you can get Corydoras aeneus. They are no different.
A good hobbyist doesn't just post a thread or ask questions when he is in need, he asks questions to raise his knowledge. Even if you don't have that fish, you should try to know more about it. I being an Indian would like to see Indians become pioneers in the aquarium hobby like Germans are today.
Love,

Aqua Gardenz
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

And how does one become a fishkeeper in India ? In Germany, the temperature is moderate and nearly every species of fish will survive with good care. How many of our fish survive transit from Bangalore to Delhi ? Do we have constant and good quality water across our cities ?

Where do you get Corys in India ? How many of us have come across a professional seller who sells these fish ? 3 years ago, when we did our initial meets of Aquapetz in Delhi, Wojtek was the only hobbyist in Delhi who kept Panda Corys.

I think the hobby itself has a lot to grow here. Pet keeping has always been extremely evolved in the West, and it is a bit unfair to expect Indian hobbyists to be curious about something they can only appreciate in pictures.
vijendra_s123

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

apuda2010 wrote:And how does one become a fishkeeper in India ?
Mentioned earlier – ‘That’s the major concern people here try to find fish that will suit their planted aquariums rather than keep an aquarium that suits the Fish’s needs. As long as we are not willing to do that we will never evolve as Fishkeepers’
apuda2010 wrote:In Germany, the temperature is moderate and nearly every species of fish will survive with good care.
With good care any fish can survive ANYWHERE
apuda2010 wrote:How many of our fish survive transit from Bangalore to Delhi ? Do we have constant and good quality water across our cities ?
In Germany the weather is not pleasant all year round. Fish are transferred only during suitable months weatherwise (In Aquabids if you see in winters no seller from the country offers killifish eggs as the eggs get spoilt during transit), Same way Fish can be bought during suitable months here as well.
apuda2010 wrote:Where do you get Corys in India ? How many of us have come across a professional seller who sells these fish ? 3 years ago, when we did our initial meets of Aquapetz in Delhi, Wojtek was the only hobbyist in Delhi who kept Panda Corys.
There are a lot of sellers selling Corys even in Delhi. The guy in Ghitorni and Sarojinagar have been offering corys (Even pandas) since a long time now. I have bought Corydoras pygmaeus from Sushanta Chatterjee 2 years back, He even was selling cory adolfoi then. Wojtek had also bought his panda corys from Delhi only.
apuda2010 wrote:I think the hobby itself has a lot to grow here.
Agree with you on this.
apuda2010 wrote:Pet keeping has always been extremely evolved in the West, and it is a bit unfair to expect Indian hobbyists to be curious about something they can only appreciate in pictures.
Everything is available here as well, one just has to look at the right places.
syed.ali

Unread post by syed.ali »

they are wwwaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy ahead bro, there is no doubt on it, they passion and their curiosity and will to do is amazing.
sommit
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sommit »

is anyone breeding cory at Delhi NCR, or keeping varieties of them please response
Thanks
Som