Corydoras melini: It's raining eggs

Discus here about fish breeding and fry care.
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Corydoras melini: It's raining eggs

Unread post by sumer »

If the weather forecast says there's a thunderstorm coming in the next 2-3 days, I start giving them meaty food. Thunderstorm comes, pressure drops, I do a 25% water change with colder water and then enjoy Corydoras pr0n.

See the zygote in the egg:

And yeah, if you'd like to have them as your wallpaper, you can download it (and many other fishy wallpapers) here: LINK
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
sushant

Re: Corydoras melini: It's raining eggs

Unread post by sushant »

Lovely pics.
Sushant
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Wonderful pictures.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

No serious questions?
I actually posted the same thread in 5 different forums. 3 Indian forums, 1 australian and 1 German.
I am in no way discriminating but it was a simple *test* to see what kind of response I get.
All I got on the Indian forums was: "Lovely", "awesome", "wonderful", "any success raising fry", "I want them too"
Australian forum: Just one person commented but with some amazing advice: "Use leaves that you can take out or take out the parents out if there are many eggs. "
German forum: They asked countless questions and suggested a few things. That conversation gave me a bunch of ideas to try. I am glad I posted there.

We need to learn from them. Where is the curiosity? I have heard many people don't comment because they are jealous! You got to be kidding me. How would you learn if you won't ask questions? I am not an expert and no one knows everything. This hobby is all about experiments and experiences. No worries if you can't get Corydoras melini, you can get Corydoras aeneus. They are no different.
A good hobbyist doesn't just post a thread or ask questions when he is in need, he asks questions to raise his knowledge. Even if you don't have that fish, you should try to know more about it. I being an Indian would like to see Indians become pioneers in the aquarium hobby like Germans are today.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

congratulations!!

that person who said about leaf knows about price of buces. : )
what other tank mates do you have here? perhaps just leave them to hatch instead of surrogating. Always been a dream to breed any of these cories, I ll have to try again, just waiting to order few pygmies :P
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

saikumar wrote:congratulations!!

that person who said about leaf knows about price of buces. : )
what other tank mates do you have here? perhaps just leave them to hatch instead of surrogating. Always been a dream to breed any of these cories, I ll have to try again, just waiting to order few pygmies :P
I just cut the leaves from Bucephalandra. I thought they need trimming too ;)
No other tank mates in there. All my tanks are species only. It's a big tank with sandy substrate. Feeding BBS would be a pain in there. It is so much more easier to clean a small bare bottom tank.
I am assuming you meant pygmaeus there. Very neat looking cories. Give them a try. Have some frozen bloodworms or grindal worms. They would love it.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

I guess the reason that this post did get many replies also that Cori cats are not much popular in India(IMO) atleast with planted community. Haven't seen many for sale and the supply is pity limited.
And we surely need to learn from international hobbyists, the way they handle any post is quite amazing.
Sushant
vijendra_s123

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

I am sorry to say this but we have a long long way to go before we reach the standards set by the Germans hobbyists. Right from keeping the fish the right way to breeding them, they are far ahead.

I am in constant awe of German Fishkeepers featured in AMAZONAS in their bi-monthly issues. I cant help it but to read the same articles featuring their Fishrooms again and again. What inspires me is the way they manage their tanks with not so fancy equipments. I am a huge fan of the HMF, which they are said to have invented during the World War when resources were scarce.

A ‘majority’ of Indians, since the aquascaping tide has hit the country, are only concerned with what color and size fish would look good in their planted scapes. What color of fish would contrast with the colors of their background plants or what fish are compatible with their shrimps. No one is concerned for the wellbeing of the fish. Everyone wants to become an ‘Aquascaper’ but no one wants to be a successful ‘Fishkeeper’.

Sushant has pointed out that the fish species (Corydoras) is not popular with the ‘planted community’ in India. That’s the major concern people here try to find fish that will suit their planted aquariums rather than keep an aquarium that suits the Fish’s needs. As long as we are not willing to do that we will never evolve as Fishkeepers.

I have no personal grudge with someone becoming an Aquascaper, it’s a wonderful facet of the hobby, but we do need some Fishkeepers here as well if the hobby has to grow.
vijendra_s123

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

sumer wrote:I am assuming you meant pygmaeus there. Very neat looking cories. Give them a try. Have some frozen bloodworms or grindal worms. They would love it.
They indeed are awesome, bought a few (14) recently. They are meant to be kept in a group of atleast 10+.
Frozen bloodworms are a bit too big for them, I feed the ones I have with BBS, Microworms and Romifex.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Wish I had that chance to keep few more tanks.

Amazing pictures.

Will definitely go into serious breeding someday. As of now just enjoy these thread. Thanks for sharing.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60