Crazy Jewels

Discus here about fish breeding and fry care.
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Crazy Jewels

Unread post by ishaan »

so here is one of my jewel pair firstly layed eggs on 30/01/2012 and ate all next day.
then again layed eggs on 04/02/1012 and again ate all the eggs next day.
now again they layed eggs today :lol: :lol: ,the only difference is the number of eggs are increasing everytime.
here are the pics.
is there anything that i am doing wrong,are they stressed as you can see the black color on the body :?:

First Batch of eggs(30/01/2012)

Then next day jaw lock and all(sorry for bad clicks ,they are very shy and don't allow to take any pic :oops: )

Second batch of eggs(04/02/1012)

last and the recent batch.
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Crazy Jewels

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

Good..very nice..
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
syed.ali

Unread post by syed.ali »

Great, congrats
rimple
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rimple »

Nice Pics ishaan, I had also jewels but they had never eaten their eggs. But other fishes in my tank had eaten their fries. When my female jewels had laid eggs,male and female had looked bright in colour. They were not looking black in colour.
I think that your fishes are in stress
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles at it. (Margaret Fuller)
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

ishaan they probably ate them because they were fungi infested/dead (white colored egg).they can also eat there eggs if stresses as a result of constantly disturbed by people checking out for progress with the eggs. leave them onthere own for some time and you will have hundreds of little frys.

other reason for the disappearance of the eggs can be that they have already hatched. the frys are really tiny in size and take some time to attain free swimming size.

NB: in case you find the male bulling the female then the best option would be to separate them for some time, else the female can be killed by the bulling male.
Sushant
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

sushant wrote:ishaan they probably ate them because they were fungi infested/dead (white colored egg).they can also eat there eggs if stresses as a result of constantly disturbed by people checking out for progress with the eggs. leave them onthere own for some time and you will have hundreds of little frys.

other reason for the disappearance of the eggs can be that they have already hatched. the frys are really tiny in size and take some time to attain free swimming size.

NB: in case you find the male bulling the female then the best option would be to separate them for some time, else the female can be killed by the bulling male.
yes i also noticed this thing today morning ,as i saw our maid's child disturbing the fishes ,so i gave strict instructions to her not to let him come near my aquariums.
the male is not bulling the female as they both are in the pot ,sitting side by side fanning the eggs this time :D
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868