Half Beak Breeding.

Discus here about fish breeding and fry care.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Half Beak Breeding.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

This is third time when the pair of Half Beak given birth atleast 50 fry at last night. The last batch of 48 fry has been eaten by Melanotaenia splendida australis fry (3 month old). The light of that aquarium was failed for 3 days and all of these has been eaten by that fish. This time, I have got more than 40+ fry.

Requirement for Breeding: Breeding Half Beaks is not very difficult. You need 20+ gallon tank with some floating plants. The pair should be feed with nutritional food. In the age of 1 year they mature to given birth to young child.

Parents

Fry

Fry
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Half Beak Breeding.

Unread post by maaz »

nice...
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Zakk »

interesting fish.
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

It is cute and beautiful fish looks like as miniature gar. I love this fish.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

you are right, rajiv. This fish gives u the joy and satisfaction of keeping a gar, without needing a large aquarium! I love gars, but have no space for such large fish. After keeping halfbeaks, i realised how similar they are...

But i am worried about inbreeding. If we want good hobbyists in Delhi NCR to keep this interesting and enjoyable species for a long-long time, we must get some unrelated fish to keep the gene-pool diverse... Can some hobbyist from south india exchange stock with us??