Urgent Help needed for multiple issue in aquatic plants

Post your queries and experience related to aquatic plants and planted aquariums
jimclassic
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Urgent Help needed for multiple issue in aquatic plants

Unread postby jimclassic » Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:10 pm

Hello All,

I am seeing multiple signs of deficiency in plants like browning of leaves, leaves getting rotten, some of them getting transparent and with holes. I am putting some macro and micro elements along with Carbo supplements. However, still the condition is same. Please help me to get the reason for these issue so that I can fix these.

Thanks in Advance.
Image



Image

Note: Attached are two pics with the symptoms on it.

Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.



User avatar
sushant
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 2886
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:36 am
Location: Faridabad, Haryana
Contact:

Re: Urgent Help needed for multiple issue in aquatic plants

Unread postby sushant » Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:14 pm

How old is the tank?When did you introduced the plants? Have you checked tank water parameters? My first guess would be too low light(from the look of vals).

Aclittle more info on your tank dimensions and light rig will help us understand the situation better.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
Sushant

User avatar
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am
Location: Secunderabad(far from REZ)

Re: Urgent Help needed for multiple issue in aquatic plants

Unread postby saikumar » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:40 pm

They all look fine to me, trim off the leaves which are brown, and withering.

Other plants with new top leaves having red/brown veins say you have good amount of light and plants are coloring well. Post a total aquarium picture so that we get a holistic view.

jimclassic
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Urgent Help needed for multiple issue in aquatic plants

Unread postby jimclassic » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:49 pm

sushant wrote:How old is the tank?When did you introduced the plants? Have you checked tank water parameters? My first guess would be too low light(from the look of vals).

Aclittle more info on your tank dimensions and light rig will help us understand the situation better.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk


Tank is around 2 months old but I have purchased plants recently. They were fresh and green at time of purchase 2 weeks back. However, after I kept them in the tank permanently, they started to get dull.
Tank size is - 24x12x18

jimclassic
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Urgent Help needed for multiple issue in aquatic plants

Unread postby jimclassic » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:51 pm

saikumar wrote:They all look fine to me, trim off the leaves which are brown, and withering.

Other plants with new top leaves having red/brown veins say you have good amount of light and plants are coloring well. Post a total aquarium picture so that we get a holistic view.
.

Attaching the pic for reference.

I have some plants in cups temporarily as I am going to change the substrate shortly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am
Location: Secunderabad(far from REZ)

Re: Urgent Help needed for multiple issue in aquatic plants

Unread postby saikumar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:27 pm

They will surely take time to adjust as they are coming from a very highly flourishing source. Dont worry, they will take time to settle to your tank parameters. For now just see if you can add more plants. Try to get more plants which are growing well in your tank.

Also its good to avoid shells in tank which have plants.
How many hours do you keep your light ON? and what is water temperature?

jimclassic
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:16 pm

Re: Urgent Help needed for multiple issue in aquatic plants

Unread postby jimclassic » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:31 pm

saikumar wrote:They will surely take time to adjust as they are coming from a very highly flourishing source. Dont worry, they will take time to settle to your tank parameters. For now just see if you can add more plants. Try to get more plants which are growing well in your tank.

Also its good to avoid shells in tank which have plants.
How many hours do you keep your light ON? and what is water temperature?


Lights are on for 8+ hours. Temperature is between 70-80 F.

User avatar
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Posts: 973
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:44 am
Location: Secunderabad(far from REZ)

Re: Urgent Help needed for multiple issue in aquatic plants

Unread postby saikumar » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:10 pm

wow thats a cool place, which city are you from?

asheesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 11:49 am
Location: Delhi
Contact:

Re: Urgent Help needed for multiple issue in aquatic plants

Unread postby asheesh » Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:41 pm

The Stem plants that you have requires mineral rich substrate try root tabs and you will see good growth
Image Image Image