can i grow this plants easily??

Post your queries and experience related to aquatic plants and planted aquariums
rahul_sood
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

can i grow this plants easily??

Unread post by rahul_sood »

Lilaeopsis Brasilience
Hemianthus Micranthamoides
Glossostigma Elatinoides
Eleocharis Parvula

i want to know that what can be easily grown-
1)HM or glasso?
2)hair grass or cobra grass or starr grass?
3)which is hardy x'mas moss or java moss? its for the rock.
4)for corner any small size crypt recommended??or any hardy and cheap red colour plant for one corner?
i live in north here we have to face extreme summer..i heard that HM and glasso will melt in summer what will be the best among the above list.

substrate- diy as told by rajeev sir
lighting- i have one study lamp with 50 watt bulb will change its bulb...plz tell me more about the lighting for this setup.
filter- i dont know what to use for planted tank...i have spare sponge filter and internal filter..do i really need a filter because i will keep only one betta there.
CO2- diy if u guide me how to make that.
tank size- 10 inch cube.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: can i grow this plants easily??

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Lilaeopsis Brasilience : Slow grower plant. rich substrate, Needs high light, fertilizer etc.
Hemianthus Micranthamoides: Easy plant. Can be grow easily.
Glossostigma Elatinoides: Need high light, fertilizers. Can be grow easily in DIY substrate, growth rate is fast in favorable conditions.
Eleocharis Parvula: Easy plant, growth rate is medium.

i want to know that what can be easily grown-
1)HM or glasso?
Ans: HM. I think you misspelled you are thinking about HC.
2)hair grass or cobra grass or star grass?
Ans: Hair grass is a easy foreground plant while star grass is midground/background plant.
3)which is hardy x'mas moss or java moss? its for the rock.
Ans: Xmass is a hardy moss in comparison of other mosses.
4)for corner any small size crypt recommended??or any hardy and cheap red colour plant for one corner?
Ans: Most of the crypts are bigger in size and not suitable for your 10inch cube tank. Only Crypt parva and tropica are small in size as per my knowledge.

Install a C.P.U. fan. It will control the temperature upto 25 degree celcius.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
rahul_sood
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

thanks alot rajeev sir.. Hemianthus Micranthamoides is a foreground plant??
again few more question..
1)ok then one bunch of Hemianthus Micranthamoides, one bunch of hair grass, 25 star grass, and moss for the rock would be sufficent for that size tank? i love to see the tank fully occupied with the plants.
2)generally how many plants are in the one bunch?
3)short hair grass or long hair grass?
4)tell me about lighting and filter(do i need filter, will keep only one betta in this)?
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

1)ok then one bunch of Hemianthus Micranthamoides, one bunch of hair grass, 25 star grass, and moss for the rock would be sufficent for that size tank? i love to see the tank fully occupied with the plants.
Ans: Hemianthus Micranthaamoides is midground plant. One bunch of hair grass, star grass is background plant so u need only 8-10 plants, moss depends on the size and area of rocks.
2)generally how many plants are in the one bunch?
Ans: Hair grass bunch have 100 plants, other steam plants are sold as per plant basis, moss bunch size have a area of 3X3 inch.
3)short hair grass or long hair grass?
Ans: E.parvula is short in size maximum 1-2 inches depends upon conditions.
4)tell me about lighting and filter(do i need filter, will keep only one betta in this)?
Ans: Light 23 watt CFL will be sufficient to grow your mentioned plants. You can also opt LEDs.
If you are going to keep only a single betta, there is no need of filter. But you can install a small powerhead filter.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

rahul_sood
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

from where i will purchase it he will courier me this plants and HM betta... can this be sent through courier?? i know plants can be but but do courier companies allow to send live fishes??
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Courier companies allowed plants but about fishes I don't know. Sometimes I got fishes by air and train.

juanico
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by juanico »

rahul_sood wrote:from where i will purchase it he will courier me this plants and HM betta... can this be sent through courier?? i know plants can be but but do courier companies allow to send live fishes??
i got my plants from:

http://aquabynature-shop.com/

very good quality and fast delivery.
ask him for a list of available plants.

with other online-shops i had some difficulties.

cheers
juanico
rahul_sood
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

juanico wrote:
rahul_sood wrote:from where i will purchase it he will courier me this plants and HM betta... can this be sent through courier?? i know plants can be but but do courier companies allow to send live fishes??
i got my plants from:

http://aquabynature-shop.com/

very good quality and fast delivery.
ask him for a list of available plants.

with other online-shops i had some difficulties.

cheers
juanico

i know seetharam sir is very nice person..but the minimum order for the plants are very much i dont need that much plants..
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

rahul_sood wrote: i know seetharam sir is very nice person..but the minimum order for the plants are very much i dont need that much plants..
maybe you could order together with some friends or some guys from the forum, in order to reach the minimum amount.
rimple
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by rimple »

Hi Rahul, I can give you free some stems (10-12) of ludwigiaRepens,Hemianthus Micranthaamoides. I can send to you these plants by courier. You can also buy plants from Raj (Mumbai), I think he will also send small fishes by courier.
If you have knowledge, let others light their candles at it. (Margaret Fuller)