Sushant's planted aquarium.

Post your queries and experience related to aquatic plants and planted aquariums
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Sushant's planted aquarium.

Unread post by vasishta.sushant »

For the record, here is the current pic of my tank.

Its a 29G, seamless curved glass tank. Have added the Fluval C4 HOB filter but since I wanted to have a cannister, bought EHEIM 2217 as well. (the fluval c4 is thus one sale).

I also removed the built in lights from the hood and retro fitted the Finnex RAY2 LED light. That light is excellent.

For the substrate, I've added two 9ltr bags of ADA AMAZONIA.

The plants are at moment some stem based hardy plants. Will eventually add more.

About the fauna, you can see a couple of gourami, Molly, one loache, couple of zebra danio and one small pleco. Would be adding some tetras and few nerite snails, whenever I'll be able to find them/procure them.
30x18x18 Tank | ADA Amazonia | EHEIM Classic 2217 | Finnex RAY2 LED | EHEIM Jager | Pressurized CO2

Learning to sustain...
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Re: Sushant's planted aquarium.

Unread post by Kaushik »

Nice start... want to see more updates....
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Quickly add more plants.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

I would be receiving a parcel full of few more plants tomorrow. Some dwarf sag, Amazon sword, jungle val are the major ones. Will be posting few more pics after I add them.

Wanted to buy anubias Nana but that damned thing is too costly and barely available.

Here have a look at what all I gave. Mostly the Val is that I am loving.

30x18x18 Tank | ADA Amazonia | EHEIM Classic 2217 | Finnex RAY2 LED | EHEIM Jager | Pressurized CO2

Learning to sustain...
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice start. Add some more plants.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Added in the next post.
Last edited by vasishta.sushant on Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Learning to sustain...
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

A front shot always show the tank. So show a front shot.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

More additions to the tank. Some plants (don't even know the names - dwarf sag, tennelus, Amazon sword, valisneria). Some fish - two Siamese algae eater (still contemplating if it's SAE or flying fox), two black Molly, two orange zebra danio.

Here is the random click:
IMG-20140628-WA0005.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Learning to sustain...
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

The seachem fourish is killing/melting my vals/dwarf sag/tennulus and I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and spend on a CO2 system. Need inputs on this. Really need to get going with CO2. Kindly let me know where can I get the complete CO2 system from, in and around Gurgaon.

Learning to sustain...
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

I think the seachem contains glutaraldehyde also. And that always affects Vallisneria and Sagittaria. Apart from those species, I think the remaining plants shouldn't melt unless something else is off too...