Starting of my First Planted Aquarium

Post your queries and experience related to aquatic plants and planted aquariums
parthapratim22

Re: Starting of my First Planted Aquarium

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Dada make a proper plant list, just visiting gallif and getting plants may not work.

I would suggest make a list of plants you want to grow in the given tank condition, then if those plants (at least 80℅) variety available in gallif street then buy then buy in good quantity. I always suggest even for first 5 years of planted hobby we should restrict our plant selection on only 5 variety of plants(each try), may sound strange, but that gives you confidence to grow them and then you go for something more complex.

Expert view may differ.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

parthapratim22 wrote:Dada make a proper plant list, just visiting gallif and getting plants may not work.

I would suggest make a list of plants you want to grow in the given tank condition, then if those plants (at least 80℅) variety available in gallif street then buy then buy in good quantity. I always suggest even for first 5 years of planted hobby we should restrict our plant selection on only 5 variety of plants(each try), may sound strange, but that gives you confidence to grow them and then you go for something more complex.

Expert view may differ.
Partha thanks very much for ur comment, first of all the plants in the tanks are not from Galiff, secondly I am really learning to grow plants. Plants what I have put in are all suggested by forum members, only the DGH is my choice. There are only 4 types of plants.

Yes you have correctly said to make a list of plants and then keep trying rather learning to grow them. I'll do that only, actually you can say this is a trial run to know the very basic things. i am going to make a perfect 2 ftr tank in the coming week, already purchased canister filter, next month I'll try to buy a CO2 setup, Going for a DIY lighting fixture and then start the main tank by Mid October. I have made a list of plants already though they are easy growing plants. I'll post the names of them before I start the main tank and will modify as per you peoples suggestions. The main motto of posting the tank's photo and asking for the suggestion is to implement this experience in the main tank so that I don't have to modify frequently or make several mistakes.

I will be looking forward for ur most valuable comment, criticism and suggestion in the future too. Please do Comment, Criticize and suggest to make me an expert in this hobby. This request is for all the members in this forum & not only Partha..

:thnk
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Posting the FTS
PLS suuggest. the DGH r throwing runners though a little slow but growing fast, trimmed once on last saturday, will b trimming today again.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

If DHG is doing good things are fine in your tank. Good going. Do share.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

You need some more plants.
Try to maintain the triangular shape as you started.
You can grow some midground plants in front of rock.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Thank you both, I wanna going to setup the main tank by next weekend, then I'll put more plants in it. As the area will increase and option will also increase adding plants will b easier. Before that I'll put the plant list that I have thought of and then modify them as per you people's suggestion. Thank you again.
Pintoo
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Pintoo »

Waiting your next scape.