Novice Planted tank.. 2 m old.

Post your queries and experience related to aquatic plants and planted aquariums
Ram
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Novice Planted tank.. 2 m old.

Unread post by Ram »

Hi!
I think I should hide the filter. actually I made hang on filter but my power head is not sucking the water. As far as scaping, I will definately try your advice. thank you for professional advice.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Ram wrote:Hi!
I think I should hide the filter. actually I made hang on filter but my power head is not sucking the water. As far as scaping, I will definately try your advice. thank you for professional advice.
You can also hide the filter behind the rocks.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

Grow some stem plants, the filter will automatically hide
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Wish you had posted query before purchasing plants.

From whom you have purchased plants?

I generally see a bunch 25plants...

Plants: The tank size you have, you need atleast 5-7 variety plants each 25-50 numbers. Valsneria may not grow in glut. I would suggest try to buy more plants, keep a good 2500/- budget for that, if you are short in budget, please make it then go in a shot. There are many thread over here and internet where you will find how to do plantation, generally in groups.

Lighting: Also increase the lighting to 3 more pll.

CO2: Glut is a good option for CO2, still set your mind to inves another 7.5-8K in cylinder if you really wanted to be successfully and easily grow plants.

Substrate: Is also good enough to grow maximum plants. Just level it in the front, try to keep 1.5inch in the front and 3-5inch in the back.

Filter: Keep the filter vertically, this way reduces the life of it. YOu can forget about hiding it now, as thats secondary to secondary.

Aquascape: I generally suggest to go when you are on the first step to start a tank, and now you are half way traveled. SO please forget, jus add more plants. a lush green well placed and trimmed tank is also an aquascape. That you can do easily.

Any further issue do post.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Ram
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ram »

Hi! Partha,
Thank you for sharing your knowledge coupled with experience. I bought plants from bunnycart.com and also from olx Delhi. I spent about 2000/- and the left over are visible in my tank.

Before I invest more, planning to get some trimmings from other hobbyists in the forum. This would teach me where I was going wrong.
Iam presently using diy co2 and also glut. I read on the forum that vallis don't go well with glut. But I read it after I ordered.

I think you are right, I will not change the scape but try to put some wood and plant more. I made diy wood with guava branches.

Please keep educating me. Mine is a transferable job so I would like to keep it lowtech till I settle permanently.

Greetings
Ram