Results of Plant Auxin and Plant Gibberellins?

Post your queries and experience related to aquatic plants and planted aquariums
sushant

Re: Results of Plant Auxin and Plant Gibberellins?

Unread post by sushant »

As far as i remember(from school lessons) gibberellins result in increases internodal distance. IMO you should reduce its use so that the plants can have a more compact growth.
Sushant
Subha92
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: RE: Re: Results of Plant Auxin and Plant Gibberellins?

Unread post by Subha92 »

Kaushik wrote:Here I'm sharing my experience. I used Auxin, Citokinin and Gibberalic acid for the last 2 and 1/2 months. The result is very impressive. The H-factor promoting cell division in plants quicker than ever before. Here is some pics which will say the truth.
As being a botanist, I would like to add some informations about the plant hormone.

1. Auxin - Responsible for Apical Dominance. Means You can't have branching in your plant, if you are using Auxin. The Auxin is also helpful to promote the root growth. So if you want to make huge roots in your plant then Auxin is the best choice. It also helps in rooting of blunt end stem.

2. Cytokinin - Responsible for branching. If you want your plant to be spreaded over the aquarium or if you are planning for a lawn, then the Cytokinin is the best choice. It will promote the branching and retard the height increments.

3. Gibberellin - Good choice for those who want their plant to be little bit high. They are suitable for the plant at the background. It is responsible for making the plants taller.

Anyway, choose the hormones carefully. Too many hormone can alter the physiological behaviors of a plant. So always try to minimize the use of hormones. Good Luck

Sent from my P01V using Tapatalk
Pintoo
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Pintoo »

Subha92 wrote:
Kaushik wrote:Here I'm sharing my experience. I used Auxin, Citokinin and Gibberalic acid for the last 2 and 1/2 months. The result is very impressive. The H-factor promoting cell division in plants quicker than ever before. Here is some pics which will say the truth.
As being a botanist, I would like to add some informations about the plant hormone.

1. Auxin - Responsible for Apical Dominance. Means You can't have branching in your plant, if you are using Auxin. The Auxin is also helpful to promote the root growth. So if you want to make huge roots in your plant then Auxin is the best choice. It also helps in rooting of blunt end stem.

2. Cytokinin - Responsible for branching. If you want your plant to be spreaded over the aquarium or if you are planning for a lawn, then the Cytokinin is the best choice. It will promote the branching and retard the height increments.

3. Gibberellin - Good choice for those who want their plant to be little bit high. They are suitable for the plant at the background. It is responsible for making the plants taller.

Anyway, choose the hormones carefully. Too many hormone can alter the physiological behaviors of a plant. So always try to minimize the use of hormones. Good Luck

Very nice explanation.

Where can I buy?
Subha92
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Results of Plant Auxin and Plant Gibberellins?

Unread post by Subha92 »

Subha92
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Results of Plant Auxin and Plant Gibberellins?

Unread post by Subha92 »

Pintoo wrote:
Subha92 wrote:

Very nice explanation.

Where can I buy?
Auxin http://www.azoo-aqua.com/product-info.asp?id=239
Gibberellin http://www.azoo-aqua.com/product-info.asp?id=238
Cytokinin (Zeatin) http://www.azoo-aqua.com/product-info.asp?id=237

Subha92
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Subha92 »

Anonymous wrote:As being a botanist, I used the honey as a natural source of root producing hormone. For doing so I used to put the roots of a plant in a container having a mixture of honey & water at 1:2 ratio and let the plant to be emerged in water in such a way that they don't dried out. Keeping the total system for more than 5 days can bring up the desired result.

Sent from my Che1-L04 using Tapatalk
That's actually the easiest way to making roots of a stem, by using honey and water mixture. But some time it becomes a disaster because applying honey (sugar) may rot the stem portion. May the root grows but they are sometime prone to be rotten in future.
But using honey is the cheapest and easiest way for making roots without any doubt.