Plan to promote some Regular Members of forum as Moderator.

Only a single thread will be started by Admin. Moderators/Members can give their idea to enhance the sight.

Should we promote some regular members of forum as moderators?

Poll ended at Tue May 27, 2014 8:46 am

No need of appointing new Moderators/Experts….
8%
Yes, we need New members in Team Aquapetz!!
92%

Total votes: 26

Achintya
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Plan to promote some Regular Members of forum as Moderat

Unread post by Achintya »

Abhishek,don't stick to the stats only,we need some quality posts,some active members.now a days most of the Indian forum activity is going downwards.I am a member of each and every forums and follow it regularly.but I have seen lack quality posts and good discussions.

A Mod can be active and should encourage people to post new quality,carry on healthy discussions and if possible arrange meet/collection trip with help of other senior members/admin of the forum.they should also act as a sweeper of the forum :)

now come to Aquapetz stats,what I have seen is this forum is lack of good show tanks and carry on healthy discussions.Here Vijendra,Partha,Rajiv ji and few people have good show tanks,but also new people should learn from them and start a journal and making a show tank.Even I have a knowledge of discus keeping and blackwater and planted parts but I have seen very very less query on discus.

It's true that newcomers are the lifeline to run a forum on a long term basis,but they should be encouraged.even Mod can drop a PM to them.there are many things that a Mod can do on regular basis and somehow I feel it's time to upgrade this team.
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

sushant wrote:
saikumar wrote:

Secondly, in a different angle, I think we should obviously try to encourage by giving responsibility as well, which most school/college going members will love to do. So, why not change the staff every year? Rotate responsibilities and I think it will be much better, rather than stressing same one years together until they propose themselves out like above.

this can be a good idea because staff member or not, serious posters will continue giving there 100%.
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

Warning: A wall of text ahead. :lol:

Firstly, the decision to recruit mods or interchange them is the decision of the Admin. In this case Rajiv-ji was nice enough to take opinion of the members and the majority agrees that there should be some form of shuffling to ensure the future stability of the site. If one or two members didn't agree, it will be inconsequential and irrelevant to entertain their whims. A forum after all functions like a democracy and thats the way it should remain.
Having said that I would add that simply appointing new mods is not going to magically solve any problems (and seriously I don't know what will).

This a niche community and it will never be able to compete with any of the international forums neither in scope nor in the quality of posts. No offense.
So...we should keep our expectations somewhat limited and hope that in the near future, more enthusiastic members register and increase the overall atmosphere of this place. Personally I feel its a really warm and fun place to be :) and I have come to admire some of the folks here. So lets pool in and brainstorm ideas so we can figure out how to pull ourselves out of this situation instead of blocking new avenues by being egocentric.

Secondly, if stats are to go by this site is in a mess. Three topics per day is good for a beginner site not an advanced community.
The 'one member per day registration' thing is also an arbitrary data to judge a forum's health with. Anybody who has ever owned a forum
or been a moderator on one knows that most of these 'everyday registers' are made by bots or guests. Where else do they go after registering
and why the hell they do not make any posts. Also, the policy of hiding posts from guests here, (to ensure new registries) makes people register
just to check out whats going on in a topic or to lurk around the forum. These guests seldom post, or never do or will. My personal view is that this feature
should be removed as it serves little purpose because those who register to post will do so regardless.
So in short member count has got nothing to do with forum popularity and cannot be taken as any form of evidence to decide whether we need new mods or not.
Achintya wrote:....don't stick to the stats only,we need some quality posts,some active members.now a days most of the Indian forum activity is going downwards.I am a member of each and every forums and follow it regularly.but I have seen lack quality posts and good discussions.
Agreed totally. I am not on any aquarium forum other than Aquapetz so I can only speak for here. Yes the post quality needs to increase no matter the content of the thread. Folks should not just write 'nice work' and make a smiley and move on (heck...I do that too sometimes :( gotta stop this habit). Each post must have some comprehensibility to it. Just the other day I saw a thread with a simple question about lighting on an international planted tank forum and all the replies were saturated with information. The hell, I learned a few tricks myself going through that thread. Very few people here do that, I am almost complaining because I am a newbie and a noob too compared to the folks here. The one person I can think of atm who takes time out to write down his thoughts is Romi (there must be some others too I am sure). I am sure we can follow in suit.

Other than this, I really don't know what to say. I won't comment about how many mods should be recruited nor the way that should be done. Thats not my job.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

All single lines of urs meaningful Naufil
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Achintya I very well know why you are supporting to include new mods!!!

Now being from a data related field I will speak with and always with data which is quantifiable, I wont be the one who will go with the flow be it emotionally, sentimentally or on zero assumptions!!!

Here is the snapshot of the most active members till date in Aquapetz and it clearly shows that the existing admin/mod team are not doing great job!! The next 2 highest posters - Ishaan is not active and left apz and maaz is also not active in apz...

Enlighten me how a new mod can help things or improve.

Guys like Vijendra, Wojetk(not into any team) are not in the admin/mod team but they have contributed a lot to this community, so if you want to be an active member or poster it doesn't required to be a Mod!!!

Anyways again one more question - with whom are we racing or trying to prove a point?? Why we are so much bothered about just number of posts??? We have already proven it to other portals what we are capable!!!
If we have advertisements section also it could have been justified that the advertisers want to see more number of posts but Rajiv Ji insisted not to have any advertisement or promotion..

Anyways whatever I have to say, I am done!!
Again will repeat if required please remove me from the moderator team to free up one more space, as my number of posts to my field will be less and I always will be opposing which I don't feel appropriate, even its not paid heed always!!!
Achintya
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Achintya »

Abhishek wrote:Achintya I very well know why you are supporting to include new mods!!!
GOD knows why!!! surg
but make 1 thing very clear,I don't want to be a MOD of any forum anymore.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Guys, please only healthy discussion!!!
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Somen »

SCORPIO wrote:Guys, please only healthy discussion!!!
:1 :1
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
saikumar

Unread post by saikumar »

Abhishek wrote:
Anyways again one more question - with whom are we racing or trying to prove a point?? Why we are so much bothered about just number of posts??? We have already proven it to other portals what we are capable!!!
If we have advertisements section also it could have been justified that the advertisers want to see more number of posts but Rajiv Ji insisted not to have any advertisement or promotion..
dil jeeth liya oye!

Also mod is something to do with forum maintenance and control discussion.
So I am not sure why we will need to stress then somuch for putting more and more new posts/topics. May be post master or post bumper will be good name.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

loving the discussion yipi
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60