Plan to promote some Regular Members of forum as Moderator.

Only a single thread will be started by Admin. Moderators/Members can give their idea to enhance the sight.

Should we promote some regular members of forum as moderators?

Poll ended at Tue May 27, 2014 8:46 am

No need of appointing new Moderators/Experts….
8%
Yes, we need New members in Team Aquapetz!!
92%

Total votes: 26

saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Plan to promote some Regular Members of forum as Moderat

Unread post by saikumar »

Naufil wrote:
SCORPIO wrote:Posting by moderators is not an issue but they should visit forum regularly.
What Rajiv ji said.
saikumar wrote: So I am not sure why we will need to stress then so much for putting more and more new posts/topics. May be post master or post bumper will be good name.
What Sai said. Taking things to a different tangent, aren't we?
You meant perpendicular?
I guess no, and might be you missed reading below?
SCORPIO wrote: last 3-4 years the Mod team of one the biggest forum is inactive and forum is also not doing well. Before 3-4 year anytime you can see around 3-4 Mods online but now hardly any Mod appears online.

Now come on our own forum. Our performance is also going downward. You can see the same situation here. But now consider the time upto March, 2013. Daily post count was around 90+. Those days our Mod Team was in full form.

So now I can say that the success of forum depends on Moderators. Admin and others stands behind them
Samajfied/justified?

Naufil wrote: Another disparity:
saikumar wrote: Also mod is something to do with forum maintenance and control discussion.
So I am not sure why we will need to stress then somuch for putting more and more new posts/topics. May be post master or post bumper will be good name.
saikumar wrote: Secondly, in a different angle, I think we should obviously try to encourage by giving responsibility as well, which most school/college going members will love to do. So, why not change the staff every year? Rotate responsibilities and I think it will be much better, rather than stressing same one years together until they propose themselves out like above.
One foot cannot step on two boats Sai ;)
Lets say two bicycles?(ain't rich for a boat)
When people are opting out what would be a better suggestion?
Doesn't one give a suggestion for "glosso" and ""HC" even though he knows the disparity of the future "sambaar" mixup? Well no, its upto the tank owner to pick the choice, isn't it? So my suggestion along that Tan(45).
Speaking in general, not pointing my squiggly finger at anyone: I don't know what is going on here but please refrain from taking things personal. Reduces the quality of the debate.
Na, no mention. I would say lets have a happy time. Having said that, this place is so small to call out anything personal :) everything is just ours.
And what's going on is a "brain storming", just that we place ideas, and best fitting gets picked up. Kind of LS/RS session, but in good spirits.

Unfortunately, not my habit on "word walls" , but it became one. Apologies, lets continue.

(great drizzly, breezy morning here. Good morning all)
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

saikumar wrote:Na, no mention. I would say lets have a happy time. Having said that, this place is so small to call out anything personal :) everything is just ours.
And what's going on is a "brain storming", just that we place ideas, and best fitting gets picked up. Kind of LS/RS session, but in good spirits.

Unfortunately, not my habit on "word walls" , but it became one. Apologies, lets continue.

(great drizzly, breezy morning here. Good morning all)
I must tell you I really like your name Sai. It sounds beautiful :) and a very good morning to you (though its noon now :lol: )
And yes you are right. It is a small community afterall and we don't need to bash our brains over small matters. Also there is absolutely no need for you to feel apologetic for anything. In fact, I love folks who type their damn words out. Shows that you are committed to your cause no matter how insignificant it might seem to others :) . Having said all this, I will let you know that I am an aggressive debater and I don't stop until all stones are upturned :)
saikumar wrote:You meant perpendicular?
No I meant a tangent. A tangent is a tangent and will always remain a tangent. Calling them perpendiculars won't change the fact. ;)
saikumar wrote:I guess no, and might be you missed reading below?
No, I didn't missed reading below. In fact you have not 'samjified' what Rajiv ji meant ;) You are co-relating two sentences "Daily post count was around 90+.'" with "Those days our Mod Team was in full form." to justify yourself. This cannot be taken as a direct evidence of Rajiv-ji blaming the mods for the lowered post count and asking them to post more often. In fact what he meant was that mods should take more interest in reviving this place and that doesn't solely mean posting. (Mods don't just post and then police around the forums but they also take active interest in increasing the morale of the members and in improving the overall atmosphere of the site. Sure at some sites you don't need to do that because of the level of activity is too high but in sites with low level of activity or new born sites need an active mod team to keep the machinery working smoothly.)
saikumar wrote:Lets say two bicycles?(ain't rich for a boat)
There is a logical fallacy in your sentence, you don't need to own a boat (or 2) to stand on one. :-p
saikumar wrote:Well no, its upto the tank owner to pick the choice, isn't it? So my suggestion along that Tan(45).
Speaking of your suggestion, I would rather like to know your final stand on this rather than a "sambaar" mixup.
Cause this is not about you, me or Rajiv-ji. This is not an individuals decision. If it were, then there would never have been a need to take a poll.
And as far as the poll goes, it has only a black and white choice. Its either a 'yes' or a 'no'.
sushant wrote:we are open to all the suggestions and conversation which will contribute to betterment of this form and will leave no stone unturned to implement possible upgrades.
This is what I was talking about :adore
*Hugs Sushant
saikumar

Unread post by saikumar »

Well, I am a weak debater. In crux, if Rajiv ji dint mean that then he ll clarify, I ll correct myself. I am not best at deciphering things. And I am stunned why I wasn't corrected earlier.

Regarding the stands, yes mod is needed, in the sense to get more posts .If it was black n white, wd have been just poll and not discussion, where my opinions came in later after one started.

good Friday evening!
(BTW my part name pronounced I hate it although it refers a beautiful animal "porcupine", love it full)
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Naufil wrote:Rajiv-ji blaming the mods for the lowered post count and asking them to post more often. In fact what he meant was that mods should take more interest in reviving this place and that doesn't solely mean posting.
Most of you taking the sence of this sentence in wrong direction. Most of us considers Mods as Policeman but it is not true. They are LEADERS. Their intrest/response in any topic increases the interest of other members. I always tried to make this forum as FAMILY in place of just an online FORUM.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Naufil
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Naufil »

saikumar wrote:(BTW my part name pronounced I hate it although it refers a beautiful animal "porcupine", love it full)
I will keep that in mind. Saikumar :)
SCORPIO wrote:
Naufil wrote:This cannot be taken as a direct evidence of Rajiv-ji blaming the mods for the lowered post count and asking them to post more often. In fact what he meant was that mods should take more interest in reviving this place and that doesn't solely mean posting.
Most of you taking the sence of this sentence in wrong direction. Most of we considers Mods as Policeman but it is not true. They are LEADERS. Their intrest/response in any topic increases the intrest of other members. I always tried to make this forum as FAMILY in place of just an online FORUM.
Thanks for agreeing :) :roll: