Suggestions to improve aquapetz.com site.

Only a single thread will be started by Admin. Moderators/Members can give their idea to enhance the sight.
Solcielo lawrencia
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Suggestions to improve aquapetz.com site.

Unread post by Solcielo lawrencia »

Here are other suggested consolidations:

1. Aquatic Plants + Algae (both of these should be the same forum because they share similar qualities)
2. Water chemistry + lighting + CO2 + Substrate and Fertilizers (all are requirements for plant growth)
3. Decorations (Aquascaping) + Equipments
4. Self introductions + General discussions (increases likelihood that intros will be read, instead of having to visit a separate forum.)
5. Announcements + Photo of the Month

When you combine these forums, you also combine thoughts and ideas. This is incredibly important for the creative process. Segregating ideas into too many categories does the exact opposite; it prevents creativity by preventing the interaction of ideas and subsequently leads to fewer thoughts and thus fewer posts. Also, how you combine forums affects the creative process. For example, if we combined Aquatic Plants + Equipment, it inspires ideas about how these two interact. Such a combination can inspire ideas of how to hide bulky equipment with careful selection of plants and planting arrangements, or it can inspire ideas of how equipment can influence the aquascaping arrangement.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Some constructive suggestions. Same time changes in forum structure is not so easy job(I am not techy). Still I support above points.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Solcielo lawrencia wrote:Here are other suggested consolidations:

1. Aquatic Plants + Algae (both of these should be the same forum because they share similar qualities)
2. Water chemistry + lighting + CO2 + Substrate and Fertilizers (all are requirements for plant growth)
3. Decorations (Aquascaping) + Equipments
4. Self introductions + General discussions (increases likelihood that intros will be read, instead of having to visit a separate forum.)
5. Announcements + Photo of the Month

When you combine these forums, you also combine thoughts and ideas. This is incredibly important for the creative process. Segregating ideas into too many categories does the exact opposite; it prevents creativity by preventing the interaction of ideas and subsequently leads to fewer thoughts and thus fewer posts. Also, how you combine forums affects the creative process. For example, if we combined Aquatic Plants + Equipment, it inspires ideas about how these two interact. Such a combination can inspire ideas of how to hide bulky equipment with careful selection of plants and planting arrangements, or it can inspire ideas of how equipment can influence the aquascaping arrangement.
I saw this post only today, and I agree with the member. Brilliant thinking. :goodpost

Sadly, this mistake was made very early and the whole pattern of the website is now like that.

One very humble suggestion from my side would be that members should try and focus on their own little sub-interests and ideas that they might have shared before. For instance, if someone is an expert in lighting, he should try and keep the other members abreast of his new ideas on the subject by making another thread on the same subject, as and when he tries something new.

In the same way, if someone has made a thread in the past that had potential for continuing indefinitely, it covers some such every active subject like what-he-saw-that-was-interesting (there is one such thread which was popular and got good footfall), then it must be pushed ahead further. i have one such thread, where i simply update new or interesting or rare or useful fish availability. ...etc. and we must try to keep them going...

Each of us can do their own little thing and help to keep it 'happening.'
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

gauravgupta wrote:Hii,

I am the publisher of various journal and one of my journal is Indian Journal of Animal Research. We ranked no. 1 in India and publishing it from last 50 years. We received many articles throughout the world on various research carried out on animals.
I have seen some articles on fish care, breeding, news feeds etc and felt that many of us can take advantages of those new research.
So for that how can I share those articles with aquapetz.com.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
What type of article you want to share, let me know. There are two ways to publish articles in Aquapetz.
1. Publish in the appropriate forum. Articles will be listed in the menu. A new category of menu can be create.
2. Publish as article as app.php/page/AAC2015 .
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda