Building a photo tank

How to setup an Immersed setup/Paludarium/Terrarium/Vivarium etc.?
sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Building a photo tank

Unread post by sunny »

yes thank you,
and glass if low in iron will be good right ? extra clear glass as they say in local shops is low iron
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.

<Eminem>
hamza
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by hamza »

sunny wrote: and glass if low in iron will be good right ? extra clear glass as they say in local shops is low iron
Absolutely, they are also called diamond float locally.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

sumer wrote:uy glass for a small tank which would measure approximately 6"x4"x1" (or 1.5" depending upon your requirement)
Sumer Bhai, dimensions you mentioned are Length X Breadth X Height or Length X Height X Breadth?

I am confused.. :cnf :cnf
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

a laymans question, does extra clear float really matter so much?
its just 2.6% of difference.

http://www.jeld-wen.com.au/~/media/File ... as=1&la=en
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

SCORPIO wrote:
sumer wrote:uy glass for a small tank which would measure approximately 6"x4"x1" (or 1.5" depending upon your requirement)
Sumer Bhai, dimensions you mentioned are Length X Breadth X Height or Length X Height X Breadth?

I am confused.. :cnf :cnf
Length X Height X Breadth Rajiv ji. An inch high tank would be awkward to take photos in ;)
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

saikumar wrote:a laymans question, does extra clear float really matter so much?

The difference of 2.6% is in the amount of light that passes through the two types of glass.
What they didn't talk about was refractive index, which plays a huge role while taking photos. In my experience, low iron glass allows me to take photos from an angle without showing a lot of refraction. Whereas the normal glass doesn't allow that at all because it starts giving out that green tinge.
It's a huge benefit if we are talking about a photo tank.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
saikumar

Unread post by saikumar »

sumer wrote:
saikumar wrote:a laymans question, does extra clear float really matter so much?

The difference of 2.6% is in the amount of light that passes through the two types of glass.
What they didn't talk about was refractive index, which plays a huge role while taking photos. In my experience, low iron glass allows me to take photos from an angle without showing a lot of refraction. Whereas the normal glass doesn't allow that at all because it starts giving out that green tinge.
Thanks a lot! never thought on those lines.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

sumer wrote:The difference of 2.6% is in the amount of light that passes through the two types of glass.
Good information.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda