Building a photo tank

How to setup an Immersed setup/Paludarium/Terrarium/Vivarium etc.?
sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Building a photo tank

Unread post by sunny »

Can anyone help me out on where I can buy a photo tank, or how to make one ?
Or buy a super small ADA tank, where there is no gum sticking out of the side joints
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.

<Eminem>
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Building a photo tank

Unread post by sumer »

Something of my interest here.
What do you wanna photograph in the photo tank? What kind of photos do you wanna take?
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

you could actually buy a flower vase shaped like a cube. have seen a few on sale in places like Big Bazaar, the home decor section. rather good quality glass.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

These types of small tanks are available at Laxmi Nagar.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
pinaki_pal
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by pinaki_pal »

If u r taking close ups of fishes then the gum sticking out from edges will not matter as they wont come in picture,,,,,,, i have seen frnds using v narrow tank for this purpose ,,,,,,,, they only put fish there to take close up pics
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

there are many videos on youtube to make a clean looking tank.. using a superclear glass is much recommended for this purpose
Sushant
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

I wrote a piece on Photo Tanks sometime ago. Check it out here: http://hydraforum.com/forum/building-photo-tank
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
hamza
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by hamza »

sumer wrote:I wrote a piece on Photo Tanks sometime ago. Check it out here: http://hydraforum.com/forum/building-photo-tank
:1

Do read this article
sunny
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sunny »

I wanted just like the one the hydraforum, less space for fish movement, plain blunt pictures of fishes, but nothing there mentions how to make the tank...
:')
If people take anything from my music, it should be motivation to know that anything is possible as long as you keep working at it and don't back down.

<Eminem>
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

Go to a glass shop. Buy glass for a small tank which would measure approximately 6"x4"x1" (or 1.5" depending upon your requirement). Then use a small/thin syringe filled with silicon to make the tank.
There are a gazillion videos on youtube on how to make a tank. Or go to an LFS and ask them to make one for you. You will get it right in a few attempts if you wanna do it yourself.