pantodon Buccholzi

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
jibran_shariff
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

pantodon Buccholzi

Unread post by jibran_shariff »

These are some of the most lovely looking top dwellers i have seen

initially they were not very finicky, used to even come and nip at my hands while cleaning, but now they seem to have become skittish in nature

when i got them they were at a size of 1.5", and over a period of 8 months they are at 2.5" and have slowed down in growth

when i got them i couldn't get them to eat pellets, and i eventually started feeding them powdered dry shrimp and earthworm flakes, once they understood the source of food, it was easy feeding them other types of pellets such as hikari cichlid gold floating(mini), yes the pellets although are big these are quite capable of swallowing such foods

in wild they would prefer terrestrial or aquatic surface insects and other such critters in their diet, but finding such is quite difficult.

their requirements include some surface floating plants or plants which grow big to provide cover at the water surface and need as low current as possible in the tank.

currently i am keeping 3 specimens in a 30 gallon tank, with one amazon sword plant and some vallisneria spiralis, the current in the tank due to filtration is 400 ltr/hr.

they are alright even with a little bad quality water as these are fish that dwelve in standing pools of water, but till date i have always provided with the best care possible and the cleanest environment that i can give.

Enjoy Fishkeeping
parthapratim22

Re: pantodon Buccholzi

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

where do you live??? Want to see your collection!!! :roll:
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice fishes. Second time, you have disclose that you also keep some small fishes. :lol:
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Zakk »

Rajiv said it bro! I always thought you were a hardcore MFK. Would love to see your collection when i come to blr in dec.
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Zakk wrote:Rajiv said it bro! I always thought you were a hardcore MFK. Would love to see your collection when i come to blr in dec.
Zakk, call me up also when you are coming, I guess rather than BLR we can go to mysore to Jib's place for some loot :lol:
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

Wow..nice click specially 3 one..
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Zakk »

Abhishek wrote:
Zakk wrote:Rajiv said it bro! I always thought you were a hardcore MFK. Would love to see your collection when i come to blr in dec.
Zakk, call me up also when you are coming, I guess rather than BLR we can go to mysore to Jib's place for some loot :lol:
LOL sure why not. i need to stop over at ramnagar for a few minutes any way. Am considering doing my 20 gallon into a shrimp tank now. if thats the case i'll carry my apisto along with me if you want them.
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

eluviet@hotmail.com
jibran_shariff
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by jibran_shariff »

parthapratim22 wrote:where do you live??? Want to see your collection!!! :roll:
I live in Mysore and bangalore, depending on the day of the week
fishkeepers are always welcome home :)
SCORPIO wrote:Nice fishes. Second time, you have disclose that you also keep some small fishes. :lol:
i think more than that,
-tetraodon fluviatilis
- ctenopoma acutirostris
- betta
- and these

there are some more i think, gotta go back and see what else is there in my tanks that stays small
I love fish which are different from the rest, and should have that feral instinct too ;)
Bro you are welcome, lemme know in advance
Abhishek wrote: Zakk, call me up also when you are coming, I guess rather than BLR we can go to mysore to Jib's place for some loot :lol:
Sure Abhishek
maaz wrote:Wow..nice click specially 3 one..
thank you
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

Zakk wrote: LOL sure why not. i need to stop over at ramnagar for a few minutes any way. Am considering doing my 20 gallon into a shrimp tank now. if thats the case i'll carry my apisto along with me if you want them.
Should I consider them as my advance new year or birthday gift :lol:
When you are coming let me know would love to have those apistos :D will call u
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Zakk »

LOL sure thing :P when is your birthday anyway?

eluviet@hotmail.com