Fish and Other Livestock: Availability Update Thread

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Fish and Other Livestock: Availability Update Thread

Unread post by Romi »

Hi folks,

National Capital Region (NCR) is dotted with shops selling fish, plants, invertebrates and related goods. I have been in Delhi for 12 years or so. Over time, as is usual with dedicated aquarium keepers, i never forgot a new shop i saw. Soon, i knew dozens of them. But if i needed a particular item, i used to waste a whole day looking for that fish and still come home tired, without results.

Come and update in this thread, all those fish you have seen in the shop you last visited, that YOU feel are interesting and easy to remember. Some like-minded hobbyist friend of yours might thank you for it! Make it possible for him also to enjoy that special fish or snail that you enjoy and find interesting.

Juanico very kindly informed us a week ago about female bettas sold by Baba at Anand Parbat.... any aquarist who went to that mecca of fish shops in delhi and saw any interesting fish? Any other shop, Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Faridabad?

best wishes,
Romi
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Fish and Other Livestock: Availability Update Thread

Unread post by Romi »

Since plants are also 'livestock', please don't forget to include them when you make a post here.

For your information, i am really-really keen to find some:

Fish
1. congo tetra
2. red phantom tetra
3. white cloud mountain minnnow
4. longfin bristelnose
5. claro bristlenose
6. neon tetra
7. red ramshorn

Plants

najas indica (lovely easy-to-grow fast-growing fan-shaped leaves pointing downwards)
myriophyllym aquaticum, myriophyllum mattogrossense (tolerant of low light and very pretty)
LYSIMACHIA NUMMULARIA Gold, plant that can be grown in air also, looks different and i love it's shade of yellow.
HYGROPHILLA ANGUSTIFOLIA, beautiful and hardy.
BACOPA MONNIERI SMALL BACOPA, this is the legendary Brahmi of Hindu mythology, the memory-enhancing herb. is pretty in a a tank too!
mcrosorum wrinkled leaf, lovely java fern variety.
CARDAMINE LYRATA, must be the most fragile aquarium plant ever. totally angelic in its shape.

HYGROPHILA POLYSPERMA “VARIEGATED”, a real RED hygrophila, finally!
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

is this only for delhi or for other states too
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice and interesting topic. I am also looking for following:
Fish
1. Congo Tetra
2. Nerite snails
3. Galaxy Rasbora
4. Endler guppies
5. Arowana 4-5 inch

Plants.
1. Pepulentus sp.
2. Various mosses.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vijendra_s123
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

Hi guys,

First of all Romi thanks for starting a really nice and much needed thread.

Guys who are looking for Congo tetras and all other sort of tetras including neon, cardinals etc, can find them at an LFS in Huda market, Sec-56, Gurgaon (sorry cant remember the name of the shop), he has a lot of variety of fishes but sells them at exorbitant prices. At my last visit I saw Congo tetras, Rummy nose tetras, Cardinal tetras (were Rs220 a pair and were really small) and Harliqueen Rasboras (were Rs200 a pair) besides normal fishes.

Indiapet store, Nirav has endlers, got them last Sunday from him.

Plants best of luck finding them here in NCR.......... :D
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@ishaan

this is for all aquapetz members who are willing to help others with information or couriers of the desired plant/fish! i am sure u can send and receive couriers with friends when u are sure that person is worth helping and when you feel he can help you back someday.

@vijendra

glad to see you here! i sent u the sms this evening, do keep those names in mind. najas Roraima is such an easy plant, why doesn't any indian supplier have it? sad! i am simultaneously smsing the fish species i have buzzin in my head now :)

@scorpio

Do you mean Ranunculus papulentus? u didnt use the genus name, as you know many speices have same speices name but differnet genus name. if u remember, balaji was going to australia and i told you to ask him to get u some ranunculus. it is lovely very different-looking plant. hope u find it soon.

cheers!
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Romi wrote:
Do you mean Ranunculus papulentus? u didnt use the genus name, as you know many speices have same speices name but differnet genus name. if u remember, balaji was going to australia and i told you to ask him to get u some ranunculus. it is lovely very different-looking plant. hope u find it soon.

cheers!
Yes, I mean Ranuculus papulentus. Tell him to bring some plants for us. We will pay him.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
vikram
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikram »

In Delhi NCR region we always have WTB list as availability is limited or expensive.

So this shall be the most watched thread
--
Vikram
juanico

Unread post by juanico »

seen today:

tropiquerium, india gate: tons of guppy, and some boesemanni
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Thanks juanico. could not get out of work today, awful backlog! :(

are the guppies endlers or those longtailed ones? are they good quality and worth going so far for? what price is he asking for boesmani? what plants did he have?

sorry, so many questions! and i feel bad i missed meeting all you guys today. hope u enjoyed the meeting.

Romi