My 32 Litre Fish Tank !!

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
sushant

Re: My 32 Litre Fish Tank !!

Unread post by sushant »

Romi wrote:Here goes bro..

1. nick, the floating stems are blocking out light. please plant them like the other plants.

2. The coloured stones are artificially coloured and really have no place in a serious aquascape. take them out and replace with natural stones, when u get what u like. till then, gravel is fine.

3. Since u are not going to use C02, u must make sure no other limiting factor comes into play. For instance, u could use a micronutrient powder. u should also read about Tom Barr's Estimative Index method. Read now, for a few weeks, then u can start to apply what you learn about it. You can keep simple plants like Vallisneria if u dont want to bother with dosing fertilizer, but if u keep different plants, it will be very difficult to keep them healthy for a beginner without fertilizer of some sort.

My two cents!
adding to what romi had just said:

plants need relocation/replanting depending on the size. tall plants on the back and smaller in front. based on the current stocking i can see that you don't have any foreground plants. the plants you think to b sagittaria is actually a val and should be at the back. baby tears/HM can be planted in the middle. for the foreground i can give you some sagittaria . you don't want to go for CO2 setup but then you can use liquid carbon as an alternative and get equally good result with a wider choice of plants.
Sushant
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

@romi & sushant:

1. Will soon be removing the floating stems, they were actually the hiding place for the new guppy fries (this is why I didnt remove the stems)..but these soon will be removed

2. Artificial stones will be removed by this weekend, as soon as I go pick the golden sand from gurgaon..

3. I will use the CO2 (liquid) once I read out all the pros and cons of it..

4. I have moved the "val" at the back of the tank however, its large and keeps on floating all over (the base is tied at the back of the tank)

Also can you please let know the plants which I can use as carpet in the tank??

:thnk for the valuable feedback :clap
If there is a F(w)ish , there is a way !!
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

nick, dwarf sagittaria will be a good foreground plant for u. u can also tie some riccia to small tones, and use it for foreground planting. lots of stones close to each other, voila, neat carpet. both are very easy.

carpets like HC and hairgrass are difficult. Marsilea might be easy but not easy to find.
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

shall I change the placement of the wood? Do I move it on the LHS or RHS or centre position is ok? what can be done?
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Keep this wood in center position and grow plants around it.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

SCORPIO wrote:Keep this wood in center position and grow plants around it.
Yes, but not exactly in the center, slightly to left or right of mean position.. This is the famous japanese-inspired dictum in aquascaping..
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

@scorpio & romi: thanks I will surely try that..

Just one thing, my java moss got some white fungus kinda stuff..I had to get rid of it..Is it normal in summers with J Moss ??
nick17s
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nick17s »

hi guys

Since I have added the driftwood in my tank the water has become yellowish..Can any thing be done to cure this without removing the wood ? :?
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

nick17s wrote:hi guys

Since I have added the driftwood in my tank the water has become yellowish..Can any thing be done to cure this without removing the wood ? :?
Regular water change.
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Wood is releasing tannins in the aquarium water.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda