Help needed on Eel

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
gaurav_thedevil
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Help needed on Eel

Unread post by gaurav_thedevil »

Hi All,

I'm back after a long time with a new query, I bought a couple of Eel nearly a month back, not sure which breed it is, as, sold to me as Freshwater eel. Checked on net and found out that it could be moray eel but not sure. The problem with them is, I haven't seen them eating since they arrive. tried dried shrimps, fish food, Frozen shrimps (as got info that they love shrimps) but to no use. Now am planning to buy frozen Octopus for them. I live in Noida and finding live food is very difficult here, tried many aquashops but to no use. Tried to feed shrimps to them, by impaling shrimp on a broom stick and take it to their mouth but no use, they stay there for some time and refuses to take it then move sideways or back-off. Please suggest what can I do to get them to eat.

Adding few pics from my Aquarium, by the way size of my Aquarium is 5'X2'X1.5' and other inmates are one Copper Oscar, 2 Tinfoil, 2 Golden Gourami

Thanks
Gaurav Gandher
Graphics Head
India Voice News
sushant

Re: Help needed on Eel

Unread post by sushant »

Hi Gaurav, Your pics are not visible as such identification is almost impossible. When was the fish bought??? Some of the fish takes some time to settle in before accepting any food. If it has been a while since you had it and it isn't showing any signs of starving than it is possibly eating when you are not around.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00ED using Tapatalk
Sushant