New Shrimp in collection.

Forum for discuss freshwater/ Brackish Invertebrates.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Shrimp in collection.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Last week got some shrimps. Kept them in 8X8X8 inch cube with plants. They are shy hiding behind the plants. Today taken some photographs.
BlueShrimp26102015.jpg
BlueShrimp26102015A.jpg
BlueShrimp26102015B.jpg
BlueShrimp26102015C.jpg
[/align]

Comments are most welcome.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: New Shrimp in collection.

Unread post by Abhishek »

What are those stones?

Does it alter the water parameters, if you are interested in keeping stones try putting lava rocks as those are porous and can contains loads of microorganism.
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Where did you get them from? Would love to try some of them.

Sent from my PadFone using Tapatalk
Sushant
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Abhishek wrote:What are those stones?

Does it alter the water parameters, if you are interested in keeping stones try putting lava rocks as those are porous and can contains loads of microorganism.
I will completely remove all the rocks ien next 2-3 days.
sushant wrote:Where did you get them from? Would love to try some.
Wait if they breeded, I will share with you.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Wow ...both male and female are showing good colors ... I think food and good water conditions will ensure a growth and opaque blue color.Please share the data on water parameter and foods. Any special things you are giving to the lovely little shrimps?
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Kaushik wrote:Wow ...both male and female are showing good colors ... I think food and good water conditions will ensure a growth and opaque blue color.Please share the data on water parameter and foods. Any special things you are giving to the lovely little shrimps?
Dada using RO water, Almond leaf, several woods.

Most important thing is feeding them best shrimp food of the world.

saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

Rajiv ji, its not clear. Did you buy these or did you collect it from water body? looks to be very special
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

Rajiv Ji, I zoomed the shrimp picture and these shrimps are having infection. These opaque color normally doesn't comes in neocaridina until they are having infection or stressed, the blues we get are solid.

Attached is a zoomed cropped image of your shrimps -

Its having a parasite on the body which is known as Vorticella Parasite.

Zoom it you can find it is having thread like structure all over its body. Normally vorticella is not deadly but if not treated properly they can take the shrimp as well as the colony out.

Remove the shrimps and start treating it -

Prepare a saline solution with Aquarium salt, use 1 tea spoon for approx. 500ml and drip the infected shrimp there for not more than 30 seconds.
Continue it in a day 2-3 times.
Continue doing it till the shrimp becomes normal.

Check for other shrimps if they are having this infection and treat them also separately.

The reason for Vorticella is - poor water quality/poor filtration/ un quarantined shrimps. It can be at your end also or from where you have get them.

P.S - I will be travelling from tonight till Sunday morning so wont have access to the forum, for any queries drop me a whatsapp message, I will reply you back once I get internet.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

saikumar wrote:Rajiv ji, its not clear. Did you buy these or did you collect it from water body? looks to be very special
Got from a friend in exchange of Orange shrimps.
Abhishek wrote:Rajiv Ji, I zoomed the shrimp picture and these shrimps are having infection. These opaque color normally doesn't comes in neocaridina until they are having infection or stressed, the blues we get are solid.

Attached is a zoomed cropped image of your shrimps -

Its having a parasite on the body which is known as Vorticella Parasite.

Zoom it you can find it is having thread like structure all over its body. Normally vorticella is not deadly but if not treated properly they can take the shrimp as well as the colony out.

Remove the shrimps and start treating it -

Prepare a saline solution with Aquarium salt, use 1 tea spoon for approx. 500ml and drip the infected shrimp there for not more than 30 seconds.
Continue it in a day 2-3 times.
Continue doing it till the shrimp becomes normal.

Check for other shrimps if they are having this infection and treat them also separately.

The reason for Vorticella is - poor water quality/poor filtration/ un quarantined shrimps. It can be at your end also or from where you have get them.

P.S - I will be travelling from tonight till Sunday morning so wont have access to the forum, for any queries drop me a whatsapp message, I will reply you back once I get internet.
I will check. I am checking water qualityso not from my end.

writetoatanu
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by writetoatanu »

Rajiv ji.... need some for my shrimp tank. Can exchange ;)
With RCS or CRS. Kaya kahete ho.