Scenario of Live Food Cultures

Forum for discuss on fish/Invertebrates food.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Scenario of Live Food Cultures

Unread post by Romi »

With Sai, Vijjy, Sushant and Vishal's responses, and the others if i have missed their names, we have said all that could be said on the subject, Ishaan Bhai.

The consensus is clear, selling is fine when advisable, not when not advisable.... But don't insist on Neil and Deepak speaking up on the subject. Or on anyone honouring a promise to send you live food, fast. Please give everyone space to do what they deem is right. I took over a year to send Neil live food... it was beyond my control. I got Dengue, then family problems came up, then new cultures of mini tubifex taken from vijjy and monty kept dying. the mini tubifex refused to migrate to cocopeat... kept dying... finally Pio suggested i send mealworms instead and i did. But the package got lost enroute... and cost me heavily because i made it too big with plants... Neil was so understanding, he never said ONE WORD to me. So if Neil is facing problems, dont let it affect or upset you. Take it from elsewhere.

And since this is a recent thread on live food, let me give you some news. i have asked a new friend of mine, who is setting up an aquarium business in Noida, to find some Mexican gammarus or scuds (Hyaella azteca) in the UK, I will try to adapt them to indian conditions. If they do well, he will sell them for a reasonable price, in line with the price he ends up paying to get them from UK. Let us see if he succeeds or not. Do NOT get native fish until you sort your live food issues out. At least, get OSI brine shrimp to feed. or some other reliable brand. You can also get some excellent stores of mosquito larvae now, if u keep containers of aquarium water in a shady place and change the water when u do aquarium water changes. Add one tsp of cow manure to a mug of water and then pour the water into the container, to keep the organic component going... Then every week, strain the water with a teastrainer and feed.

You can also, if u eat fish, find a fish with eggs (roe), sometimes they are available. Just cut up the roe, and freeze. take out one small piece, thaw it and feed. Even Rana charndramara eat them.
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Scenario of Live Food Cultures

Unread post by ishaan »

Romi wrote:With Sai, Vijjy, Sushant and Vishal's responses, and the others if i have missed their names, we have said all that could be said on the subject, Ishaan Bhai.

The consensus is clear, selling is fine when advisable, not when not advisable.... But don't insist on Neil and Deepak speaking up on the subject. Or on anyone honouring a promise to send you live food, fast. Please give everyone space to do what they deem is right. I took over a year to send Neil live food... it was beyond my control. I got Dengue, then family problems came up, then new cultures of mini tubifex taken from vijjy and monty kept dying. the mini tubifex refused to migrate to cocopeat... kept dying... finally Pio suggested i send mealworms instead and i did. But the package got lost enroute... and cost me heavily because i made it too big with plants... Neil was so understanding, he never said ONE WORD to me. So if Neil is facing problems, dont let it affect or upset you. Take it from elsewhere.

And since this is a recent thread on live food, let me give you some news. i have asked a new friend of mine, who is setting up an aquarium business in Noida, to find some Mexican gammarus or scuds (Hyaella azteca) in the UK, I will try to adapt them to indian conditions. If they do well, he will sell them for a reasonable price, in line with the price he ends up paying to get them from UK. Let us see if he succeeds or not. Do NOT get native fish until you sort your live food issues out. At least, get OSI brine shrimp to feed. or some other reliable brand. You can also get some excellent stores of mosquito larvae now, if u keep containers of aquarium water in a shady place and change the water when u do aquarium water changes. Add one tsp of cow manure to a mug of water and then pour the water into the container, to keep the organic component going... Then every week, strain the water with a teastrainer and feed.

You can also, if u eat fish, find a fish with eggs (roe), sometimes they are available. Just cut up the roe, and freeze. take out one small piece, thaw it and feed. Even Rana charndramara eat them.
sorry for late reply, i am in delhi so sorry for the delay in response
bhai this topic was never about getting the starters or to pressurize someone to send me the cultures to me so incase you want me to end this topic, i don't have any problem but this problem will continue. So am closing this discussion :)
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868