Copper Red - King Crown

Forum for discuss about Betta fish.
deepesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Copper Red - King Crown

Unread post by deepesh »

I would love to have those links on betta genetics. i have read up a little on betta genetics and would like to know more. My comment on the previous betta you had shown was based on what I had read regarding the dragon phenotype and its presumed relation with the iridescent layer. And the IBC not designating iridescent dragons a separate class... But indeed this topic needs more discussion.

As for the photos, I cant help but like some that have been put by our members. Jibran, Vijendra, Bappada, Abhishek, Wojtek, Aamir to name a few. Some of these are technically and artistically very very good and I like seeing the SOME of the photographs for just those reasons but in other cases it is the subject, the fish or the shrimps or the plants that take my breath away. And really, this betta, the king crowntail is one of those. Great finnage, fantastic color and the panache that only a healthy betta shows.

I would also like believe that given an opportunity we will show ourselves as receptive of knowledge as we are of beautiful photographs, the two are not mutually exclusive. Each one among us has a different take on the hobby. Some may be interested in plants, others in keeping "monsters", some in exotic beauties and others in native Plain Janes. If you have been to Bangalore or are based there then you will understand if I say "Swalpa adjust madi" Kindly addjusht saar. Please share even if we dont seem overly enthusiastic immediately. I for one am interested in genetics as a whole and would like to gain knowledge on betta genetics.
News from The North Indian barbecue is...
Browning outside, softening inside.