Funny things said by family about the hobby.

Discuss and post all things other than hobby.
vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Funny things said by family about the hobby.

Unread post by vikramdutta11 »

KarthikC wrote:
vikramdutta11 wrote:It has become a common comment from my guests who visit my place after seeing the Planted tank " Where did you get these beautiful plastic plants? Our LFS does not sell these" I have to tell them that these are original still they look into them with a little disbelief until i give them some proof about their originality may be some floating leaves. One day one of my laws (My same age and very close) came and after seeing the planted tank he was very excited and asked the same question, when i replied with the same answer he disagreed and put his hand directly in the tank and pulled one stem of the Rotalla out before I could react, I was shocked and had no chance to stop him, after few moments he replied with the plant in his hand "Aare yeh to sach much original plant hai", (It is a real plant), but he did not realize what mess he has done to my tank, a bunch of Rotalla, DHG & MC was pulled out of the substrate along with the stem. The tank was recovering from severe algae attack and now another shock. After this incident my son put a tag on the aquarium stating " This aquarium contains original Plants, Please do not try to check it yourself, tell us we will give you the proof. Thank You".
I know with how much difficulty you would've controlled ur temper. :D really crazy incident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If he would someone else I dont know what would I have done to him.. grrr grrr
Somen
Panel Members
Panel Members

Re: RE: Re: Funny things said by family about the hobby.

Unread post by Somen »

vikramdutta11 wrote:
Somen wrote:
sushant wrote:
Somen wrote:Yes in the initial stage my wife was against aquarium, and my daughter followed her too.
Now they don't really bother or object, as they are quite sure that I would give a deaf ear to it.
Yes they like my scape, but object when I over do it.
They complain it to my fellow friends when they visit my place sometimes.
Anyway now it had settled slowly into our life, and aquarium and aquascaping is an integral part of our life.
Dada you are one of the most dedicated hobbyist I have ever seen.

I have seen people dreaming day and night about hobby, but you r the only one who gives up sleep for this hobby.
Thanks for feeling in such a way.
Yes it is my passion and love everything related to it.
Yes I always try to put my heart into whatever I do.
Yes Somen Da, U R a real magician, but for sure your family also enjoy the work, but IMO they demands a little more attention to them too, its true in my case also.
Well Vikram , magician!!! Thanks for the compliment.
Yes I should give a bit more attention to them,I try hard, but then there is always that complain of a bit more.
Somen
Any dead fish can flow down the river but it takes a live one to swim back up stream.
KarthikC

Unread post by KarthikC »

One of the comments from my uncle last weekend: what's the use of growing all these plants underwater?? We can't even eat them. I was like: forget it, no use of explaining.

vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

KarthikC wrote:One of the comments from my uncle last weekend: what's the use of growing all these plants underwater?? We can't even eat them. I was like: forget it, no use of explaining.

You should have said him that this is a trial run, next venture is growing carrot underwater. :lol: :lol:
mats
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by mats »

Or rather your uncles favourite vegetable. Then he would keep checking the tank every time he visited.

Unread post by Guest »

I just gave him a stare and kept quiet. Crazy ppl won't understand.

KarthikC

Unread post by KarthikC »

I just gave him a stare and kept quiet. Crazy ppl won't understand.

vikramdutta11
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

KarthikC wrote:I just gave him a stare and kept quiet. Crazy ppl won't understand.

excuse me kartick we r crazy so we do love this hobby, nd we r proud to be crazy, they r practical people.