First time attempting Dutch style

Post your tank progress here from day 1.
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

First time attempting Dutch style

Unread post by Kaushik »

After a long hibernation from my passion once again I'm back. This time I'm attempting a pure Dutch Style aquascaping.

Aquarium. Molded 24X 12X 12
Lights. LED Colored 24 watts
Filter. Overhead canopy and 1 Eheim 2215
Co2. Pressurized
Substrate. ADA
Fertilizer. Seachem Flourish, Nitrogen,Phosphorus,Potassium, Iron
Plants ...Varieties of Rotala sp -Green, Pink, High red, Ludwigia Yellow, Red, Purple, Hygrophila araguaia,difformis,etc Alternantha reineckii mini, Didiplis diandra etc. I want to use only 7-8 sps. of quick growing plants and not more. My solo aim is to get vibrant color contrast in thriving plants
Fishes. About a dozen Purple Harlequin Rasbora, Amano shrimp.

Your valuable suggestion is most welcomed
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: First time attempting Dutch style

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Best of luck. Following this topic for updates.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Yesterday I made a sketch for the possible plants arrangements. Would any one suggest which could be suitable plants with color and sizes that is low height in the front, middle and tall in the back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"If you salute your duty, you need not salute anybody. But if you pollute your duty,you have to salute everybody.“
We have a choice. Do what pleases us and then face the consequences or else abide by our duty and stand tall
-A P J Abdul Kalam
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

It is too complex design for a two footer. Plan something simple. There should be a space 4-6 inch for a group of plants. It is not advice-able to use more than three layers of plants.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

In these 3 weeks all the plants arrived.... Thanks to my friends circle who are very generous...Though the infamous DTDC did its part... :) Any how the first leg of planting is completed..Plants are now in propagation stages...here is some pics... Sorry for the poor pics quality.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-A P J Abdul Kalam
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Completly filled. But you placed some long stems in foreground.

parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Though in a two feeter, still wait for more updates
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

Yes Rajivjee ...it's completely filled...I placed some tall plants namely Ludwigia and Alternanthera reinki in front..later I will placed/replaced them....now my objective is to make the plant bushy ... After 1 or 2 pruning the the actual shape will come out...right now I m trying to add Ludwigia inclinata Cuba and Rotala high red and Vietnam so that could be placed in the back.
-A P J Abdul Kalam
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I sent you AR mini and Lobela carrdinals for the front. You can also manage star grass in front side.

Kaushik
Panel Members
Panel Members

Unread post by Kaushik »

I've already planted AR mini and lobelia c. in the front. Its really good to see the plant growing day by day with vivid colors and and different leaf sizes. I think the most important things in this type of aquastyle is to understand the comparative growth pattern of different plant species. In one arena to get a optimum growth for every plant species is not a easy tusk. Lot of reading/research and feed back needed. Any how posting a shot for half water filled tank taken in days 10
-A P J Abdul Kalam