Fish and Other Livestock: Availability Update Thread

Forum for discuss freshwater/Brackish fishes.
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Fish and Other Livestock: Availability Update Thread

Unread post by syed.ali »

Nope no shrimp or tetras, there were some albino corry
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Available at Arun Nayyar's outlet, S5, 902, Eldeco Amantran, Sector 119, Noida.

Tetras and other planted tank that i found to be of good quality and prices :)

-----My old time favourite, among the ultimate planted tank fish, small, really colourful after you give them plants to settle down in, and so easy to keep in big groups and even breed: White Cloud Mountain Minnows coolbig coolbig I can break any pledge to get these come what may 8-)

---- the classic star Neon Tetra
-----Black Neon Tetra
-----Lemon Tetra. This species is also highly recommended for planted tanks. Once it settles down, it turns yellow, a very rare colour in tetras, and their blood red eyes are magnetic. They do great in large numbers, swimming in shoals/schools. When in a bare tank, it looks transparent.

-----Bloodfin Tetra. this is the Red Tail species. Lovely hatchet shaped glass-like bodies, graceful in every way.

-----Redeye Diamond Angel

-----Hockeystick Tetra, another lovely shoaling species.

-----Octocinclus. That amazing tiny pleco that eats algae better than any SAE.
-----Ramirezi Cichlid. Lovely quality.

I also saw Discus, driftwood, a Jack Dempsey, Arowanas, including a Golden one i think.

I reached this place by taking an auto from Noida City Center Metro Station. The usual rate to this outlet you can query Arun at 9654476724. A very affable guy :)
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Hi, what was the price of Otocinclus affinis?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

SCORPIO wrote:Hi, what was the price of Otocinclus affinis?

i dont know, i did not ask but i think around 150. he is a friendly guy, so perhaps you could get a discount by offering something? :) I think he has a larger species of ottocinclus (there are several as we all know, equally good) i am kicking myself now for not getting it, since after feeding frozen brine shrimp, i got a huge algae explosion . it was due to the potassium brine shrimp came with.
VishaalDalal

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

lets hope the larger one is good for algae, the normal Otto is not good with any of the Hairy algae. like the Thread, Hair, staghorn etc.
vasishta.sushant
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vasishta.sushant »

I wish I could get ottos in and around Gurgaon. LFSs sucks here.
30x18x18 Tank | ADA Amazonia | EHEIM Classic 2217 | Finnex RAY2 LED | EHEIM Jager | Pressurized CO2

Learning to sustain...
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

VishaalDalal wrote:lets hope the larger one is good for algae, the normal Otto is not good with any of the Hairy algae. like the Thread, Hair, staghorn etc.
Hair algae is best just pulled out manually... it is easier to deal with since you can grasp it.. The algae that covers plants like a blanket is a pain. And i think Ottos are great for that. SAE stop eating algae when adult unless you starve them. And Bristlenose pleco (the only other good algae eater) is timid, and hard to find.

i am not mentioning snails here, or shrimp, which are a different kettle of fish altogether :)
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

Today visited the laxmi nagar shop.. Around 10-15 varities of plants are there.. Any expert can visit the shop and find out which plants they have esp one with extreme red color leaves but not selling them loose only bunch...
moz lo roz lo na mile to khoz lo ---

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

vikas wrote:Today visited the laxmi nagar shop.. Around 10-15 varities of plants are there.. Any expert can visit the shop and find out which plants they have esp one with extreme red color leaves but not selling them loose only bunch...

i wish you had taken mobile pictures. since you need plants for your new exciting tank, we could have suggested which of those plants could have suited your current aquascape 8-)
syed.ali

Unread post by syed.ali »

usually he has amazon, cobamba, bacopa, thats what i have usually seen at his place when i used to visit him