6 feeter Black Water

Post your tank progress here from day 1.
bmukh
Experts
Experts

6 feeter Black Water

Unread post by bmukh »

Guys,
Back again with a new project. This time a 6 feeter South American Black water.
Dimensions: 72 (L) X 21(D) X 18 (H)
Water: 80% RO rest Tap
How to keep it 'black' and soft: Mostly Almond leaves, but initially have put some commercially available BW extract.
Substrate: Ada Nile sand
Background: Tree trunk, roots and Rocscape customized and made by India Petstore
Hardscape: Plenty of Driftwoods
Filtration: 2217 Eheim and 2203 Eheim (might remove the 2203 later)
Filtration media: Apart from sponzes, ADA Bio Rio and SERA Peat
Light: 3 X10 watts LED
Fauna (to add some more): Currently experimenting with Water Hyacinth (local nursery), few Echinodorius. Will add Amazon sword plants.
Intended Fauna: Cories (I need some, around 20, where can I get them), Scalares (around 10-12) will get them next week, Around 8-10 of a single species of Apistogramma . Currently contemplating Apistogramma Agassizi (Super Red), have two (both males) will add a few more. Juanico are you listening ;) ;) ? Any idea for some dither fishes, tempted to use cardinals but they may be easy snacks for the Angels.
Other observations: The tank is cycled with water from my existing tank, 2203 filter that was in my existing tank. Cycling for over 3 weeks now. Have added few Black Mollies too.
Parameters: PH 6.4. Other readings will take later.
Pics: Wait for a while ;) ;)
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 6 feeter Black Water

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Order some Apistogramma Agassizi for me.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
syed.ali
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by syed.ali »

Looking fwd to it :D .

another meet may be 2 months down the line at your place :), curtain raiser for this tank, before that no pics to be posted, how does it sound.

I now we will have Apistogramma Agassizi frys soon too :), I am booking them right now :mrgreen:
RemirezyKrazy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by RemirezyKrazy »

Pterophyllum Scalare..!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
awestruck..!!
bappa da from where are u getting Pterophyllum Scalare??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash.

``Ashish``
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

Wow to The Agassizi club :-). Yet to get a pair and the fries are booked! :lol: :lol: ..... About the pics....hmmm if posting the pics now would mean my tanks, plants, fishes and inverts are spared another raid by 30 odd powerful marauding army, then posting them now isn't sucha bad deal :lol: :lol: .

Lets all look for Agassizis now. Btw, I have a pair of Vijieta and they might breed (atleast I am trying the correct water parameters etc)
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

Ashish,
From Shankar in Chennai
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

bmukh wrote:Fauna (to add some more): Currently experimenting with Water Hyacinth (local nursery), few Echinodorius. Will add Amazon sword plants.
If you need floting plants like salvinia & water lettuce just tell me :)
bmukh wrote: Any idea for some dither fishes, tempted to use cardinals but they may be easy snacks for the Angels.
Penguin tetras.
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

Aamir,
I actually have water lettuce and not Water Hyacinth. Salvinia I will avoid. Your idea about Penguin teras are excellent. Where do I get them from? Currently available in Delhi?
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

bmukh wrote:Aamir,
I actually have water lettuce and not Water Hyacinth. Salvinia I will avoid. Your idea about Penguin teras are excellent. Where do I get them from? Currently available in Delhi?
You may got those form Chennai.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
syed.ali

Unread post by syed.ali »

bmukh wrote:Wow to The Agassizi club :-). Yet to get a pair and the fries are booked! :lol: :lol: ..... About the pics....hmmm if posting the pics now would mean my tanks, plants, fishes and inverts are spared another raid by 30 odd powerful marauding army, then posting them now isn't sucha bad deal :lol: :lol: .

Lets all look for Agassizis now. Btw, I have a pair of Vijieta and they might breed (atleast I am trying the correct water parameters etc)
We will control the marauding this time :D, how about premier tickets to the show ;)

really looking fwd to the tank, you are taking the hobby to next level in NCR region