Lonely Discus !

Forum dedicated to the Discus fish.
cichlids
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Lonely Discus !

Unread post by cichlids »

Group buy from Shiva 8-)
Which size discus are you planning to buy from Shiva?
While buying please do share the strains and prices, I may chip in too but not sure as of now..
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

cichlids wrote:Group buy from Shiva 8-)
Which size discus are you planning to buy from Shiva?
While buying please do share the strains and prices, I may chip in too but not sure as of now..

The group buy was being planned only for NCR guys, but it seems nobody is interested now
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
pkattitude
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by pkattitude »

Abhi wrote:Here is the only Discus in my planted Tank.

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Hey Abhishek - I realize that it is an old post but is that white cloud mountain minnow in the right hand upper corner of the second pic? may I ask you the source? have been looking for the fish for quite some time now.
Regards,
Keshava

Unread post by Abhi »

pkattitude wrote:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
Hey Abhishek - I realize that it is an old post but is that white cloud mountain minnow in the right hand upper corner of the second pic? may I ask you the source? have been looking for the fish for quite some time now.
Those were picked up from Nirav.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

pkattitude wrote:

[ Image ]
[ Image ]
I have been looking for them too, for at least three years! But getting very few.. Dear Anuragsonik obliged me wiht one, then i found two of good quality on sale by chance, but they need to be in a group to be happy i guess. Anway, would be so glad to find a dozen or so, the ones i got from Nirav on being directe to him by Abhishek, were unfortunateluy albinos only. They don't look half as good as the lovely natural form. It is a veyr special species, extinct in nature basically... thought they did try to find more populations. but those are not identical to this species entirely. Let me know if u find them again...
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Keshava@

Vijendar also gave me two males once, but i dont know why they didn't do well... He also tried to get them from Pune, but the airways forced him to ask his father to take it back from the airport!

it is a hardy species otherwise but needs fish of its own size and temperament for company. Maybe it was too hot then.... sigh! It also likes a lot of plant cover, that time i had just crypts and they didnt offer that much refuge to them. My 'bad luck' species, i guess :lol:
pkattitude
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by pkattitude »

@ Romi - my interest in the fish particularly grew after watching this scape - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JjRLqTxGQs (you might already have seen this)

I am guessing that for fishes of this kind, being in a group matters more than anything, so one would have to have a group of 10-12 at least.

I hate the airports from the core of my heart- they wont let you carry anything - last time I spotted a group of knight gobies (they look so awesome) in Patna and couldn't carry back home. It was a heart breaker - I always travel by railways now (works for me as its a 12 hrs night journey).
Regards,
Keshava