want to keep discus

Forum dedicated to the Discus fish.
puneet
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

want to keep discus

Unread post by puneet »

hi guys i want to keep discus but have no knowledge regarding them please guide me....i have a 2.5 x 1.5 x 1.5 feet tank....
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: want to keep discus

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Puneet you need atleast 3.5 foot tank to keep discus. BTW consider following points before keeping discus.

1. You need time to care discus and water change. Water should be change atleast twice-thrice a week?
2. Also need a bigger tank.
3. Before purchasing discus, check their belly, color, fins and response toward food. If they are not tanking food, their belly is underside, fins are injured, color is faded. Don't buy these type of discus.
4. Buy atleast 4-5 discus.
5. Don't go beef heart. Hikari discus biogold and tetra bits having proper diet for discus.
6. If you are added discus in community tank, don't add any fast eater fish.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
maaz
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by maaz »

Rajiv Sir

Nice info about discuss thanks..
Regards,

Maaz Ahmad
maazahmad84@gmail.com
puneet
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by puneet »

thank u rajiv sir...but prob is that i have empty this tank only :( nxt month am going to mumbai so planning to buy some discus
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

puneet wrote:thank u rajiv sir...but prob is that i have empty this tank only :( nxt month am going to mumbai so planning to buy some discus
What size of discus you want to buy? Keep them in 2.5 feet and transfer those in bigger one as soon as possible. If you really want to keep discus for a long time, u need a bigger tank. If you not any contact of discus dealer, I can talk to Shiva. I also need some turbo and nerite snails. Please bring some for me, I will provide you the contact details of person that have snails.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

puneet
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by puneet »

no prob with that i can bring as there shld be no prob at airport......i will go to kurla n see what size is available
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Puneet,

If you are planning to buy discus from Bombay , theres no need to go to Kurla - the discus God is in Dombivili and his name is Shiva. Rajiv knows Shiva very well.

In case you buy from Shiva , please let me know, I will place and order for a pair. Hobbyists in Delhi find it very very difficult to procure good quality discus.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

apuda2010 wrote:Puneet,

If you are planning to buy discus from Bombay , theres no need to go to Kurla - the discus God is in Dombivili and his name is Shiva. Rajiv knows Shiva very well.

In case you buy from Shiva , please let me know, I will place and order for a pair. Hobbyists in Delhi find it very very difficult to procure good quality discus.
If all of you are interested in buying discus, make a group order. If the number of fish around 20, I will talk to shiva for good price.

Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

lets go for a group order.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
ratheeshkollam
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ratheeshkollam »

You all are lucky to place a group order . Becasue of same place. What about me?
hre is no one with me for placing a group order
:)

I wish i were in Delhi :)
Thanks and Regards
Ratheesh.S
ICRI,
Technopark
Trivandrum