Any idea to save Shrimps during stripping a setup.

Forum for discuss freshwater/ Brackish Invertebrates.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Any idea to save Shrimps during stripping a setup.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Today, I am stripping my aquarium "GREEN DESERT". There are thousands of shrimps of various kind such as RCS, Black colored native Indians and others. Removed all the fishes without any trouble but it is very difficult to caught all the shrimps. Is there any idea to caught them safely. I don't want to kill shrimps. Every life is important for me. So please help me. :feedb
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Meem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Any idea to save Shrimps during stripping a setup.

Unread post by Meem »

The best is first remove 90%of water with the help of sufine remember to attach the filter foam on the inlet of pipe then tilt the tank on one side so that all the shrimp slip to one corner then put all the water in new tank ,,water will carry the dirt with it but the filter will clear all the dirt later . I've done mine least number of mortality accord
I'm whAt I'm !
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

Well you should have tried it before, now do one thing perhaps one of the safest method-
Keep around 30% of water in your tank and place a algae wafers or food inside a net and place it in the tank, and take it out periodically and shift the shrimps to another tank.

Because whatever other methods are there are not safe and will result of casualty.
Meem
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Meem »

Abhishek wrote:Well you should have tried it before, now do one thing perhaps one of the safest method-
Keep around 30% of water in your tank and place a algae wafers or food inside a net and place it in the tank, and take it out periodically and shift the shrimps to another tank.

Because whatever other methods are there are not safe and will result of casualty.
But you cant catch 100% of shrimp with it as Scorpio had told it before there are some variety of shrimp and obviously they must be in different sizes so it is v difficult to catch them with algae wafer or cucumber of shrimp trap etc ,, I've tried these options
I'm whAt I'm !
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

Meem wrote:
But you cant catch 100% of shrimp with it as Scorpio had told it before there are some variety of shrimp and obviously they must be in different sizes so it is v difficult to catch them with algae wafer or cucumber of shrimp trap etc ,, I've tried these options
Tried and tested method and I catch them through this only and the process requires 2 days to complete clean off ..
nash81
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by nash81 »

Abhishek wrote:Well you should have tried it before, now do one thing perhaps one of the safest method-

:1 to that works 100% , have use hikari food sticks a number of times in the net, Shrimps seem to love to gorge on them. Normally anywhere between 1 - 3 days you will have all the shrimps.

Regards
Nirav.
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Zakk »

+1 on Abhi's post. Thats the ONLY sure fire way of ensuring every shrimp makes it out alive.
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

This topic is going very good and informative. In future, we will be able to save these poor creatures.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

abartar
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by abartar »

In future???
What happened to yours?
Aviral Bartar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

abartar wrote:In future???
What happened to yours?
I have not transferred any shrimp and not touched some front are of the tank. Most of the shrimps are there with half inch of water. No any casualty.