White fungal like spots on Tiger barbs tail fin.

Forum for discuss on freshwater diseases cure.
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

White fungal like spots on Tiger barbs tail fin.

Unread post by shergill00 »

Hi

I am having 3.5 feet tank and currently having 3 mollies, 6 tiger barbs, 2 widow tetra in tank. From last 3 days i have tiger barbs have developed white fungal spots on tail fins. Others seems to be ok as only tiger barbs seem to having this thing. water temperature is around 31 as last week they had developed grain spot so increased the temperature. I gave dip to barbs in methyline blue for 15 min twice in 3 days and added methyline blue as well malachite green. Also added some rock salt today. I have changed 15 water today. But this problem isnt going away. Don't want to loose barb as lost one 10 days back.

please suggest solution. I have attached the picture

Sukhdeep
Chandigarh
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: White fungal like spots on Tiger barbs tail fin.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Sukhdeep Ji, this can Fin Root.

Are these fishes talking food normally or not?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Yes they are taking food normally but their diet have decreased a bit. what should I do?
VishaalDalal
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

yup fin rot it seems

http://aquadaily.com/2009/01/26/fin-rot ... treatment/
http://www.wikihow.com/Treat-Fin-Rot

but if you have had ich earlier please check water quality.

experts please advice
VishaalDalal

also Dr.Deepesh is in chandigarh maybe he can check your fish, sending him a PM also.
VishaalDalal

SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Bring Cap. Tetracyclene from medical store and add 20 mg per liter in the tank. These capsules are available in 250 mg and 500 mg.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Thanks for help. I had used tetracycline as prescribed, should i change water today.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

salt and heat treatment work just fine for this issue.

Water change every 2-3 days, 25% or so is good too.

If u are observing the fish, you might know if any fish is aggressive to the affected fish. Stress can make a fish fall prey to infections. if this is happening, put bullying fish in a separate tank, or take it back to the shop. Exchange it for food, or donate it.

What do you feed?

My tiger barbs did great on tetrabits, 2 live foods that i have, driend tubifex worm cubes from a good company. Diet is very important.

If you tank has stones/gravel/plastic that leaches substances that impact water quality, take it all out, better a bare bottom tank that the cheap kitsch that shopkeepers sell to fill tanks. Please try and grow some hardy plants at least like Vallisneria. The promote a microfauna in a tank that is like insurance against fish disease. Methylene Blue, Malachite Green are not good long term especially. you will not need them. in fact, if u care for the opinion of veteran fishkeepers, leave any drugs out. Unless the fish are horribly overcrowded, which i think yours are not.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

PS

How strong is that water currenst from your sponge filter? If the fish are blown around like in a maelstrom, the weakest fish in the tank will fall prey to disease. Then the next weakest... The current should be comfortable to all, that means each fish must be able swim around it effortlessly. The filter current should not only be manageable, the filter must be on 24X7. I am telling u this because Aquapetz has no way of knowing if you are a beginner. That helps friends to decide what possible cause could be behind your ailing fish. Please update an introcution in the introduction thread, your fish will appreciate the results!