eel redness

Forum for discuss on freshwater diseases cure.
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

eel redness

Unread post by vikas »

one of my eel fish suffering from redness around lower portion of mouth and around front fins. any idea what is this??
moz lo roz lo na mile to khoz lo ---

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: eel redness

Unread post by Romi »

yaar, don't be like the parent phoning in during a live radio programme on child health. 'Doctor, my kid has marks on his face. What medicine shall i give him? '....

Without knowing exactly what the marks look like, pimples, lesions, rashes, or mosquito bites, the child's age, how can a doctor honestly suggest a particular medcine ?

No good fish pic means no reliable treatment that anyone can suggest ...
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

it was complete red near her mouth but now she is no more still wanted to know cause.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Those fish are as beautiful as they are challenging... They need good quality food and a good cover.

Sorry about your loss, buddy :cry:

Do u know that spiny eels need fine substrate? i find people keeping them with STONES. that is bad and they injure themselves when attempting to dig in.. they need sand to dig into, or some fine gravel.

They also need live food to be happy longterm i think, though Hikari or similar brands might have cracked their dietary code. But cheap dry foods are a no no.

u have not revealed what u fed it... it might have attempted to eat something not edible :(
Arjun Tandon
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Arjun Tandon »

The red area doesn't seem like the cause of death but in fact a natural coloration
You sure that your eel didn't have it before death?
Or it is not uncommon for fish to develop some color after death e.g. red cherry shrimps turn opaque
e.g. Kuhli loach has a read line underneath
It's hard to tell before knowing the actual species of your eel
jibran_shariff
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by jibran_shariff »

spiny eels are best kept in fine sand or smooth rocks as already suggested, the other very important thing is lots of Oxygen and flow in the tank, as they come from places where there is lots of water movement, and rocks, where they hide under rocks.

my fire eels are although kept in a tank with fine sand and i have added some driftwood and 3 caves, they prefer places which provides a compact hide

the other thing is they are very easily affected by water quality, unlike most fish these are scale less fish and a minor change in water params results in death, in the 50 gallon fire eel tank i have close 1400 ltr/hr filters running and the water changes are done once a week.

i have seen very few people feeding there eels pellets, as these fellas don't accept dry foods, good quality pellets is what even i would like to wean my eels onto
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

i have a sandy substrate for my eel and about feeding i feed her variety of things.

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

vikas wrote:i have a sandy substrate for my eel and about feeding i feed her variety of things.

You are lucky we have Jibran Sharief on this thread, who has a lot of experience with unusual and intersting fish. After your pet's premature death, why don't you, disregarding embarassment (mistakes happen to the best of us, we just need to learn from each one), decribe the exact diet you gave her?

Also, since you like unusual fish, many of which like live food (confirmed by Jibran), why not learn to keep Eisenia fetida worms? They are very easy. I am sure the next Spiny Eel will love them and live a long time.. You can pick up these worms from any govt agricultural institute that works for farmers. They sell them for raising for manure for farmer's crops.
vikas
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by vikas »

Romi wrote:
vikas wrote:i have a sandy substrate for my eel and about feeding i feed her variety of things.

You are lucky we have Jibran Sharief on this thread, who has a lot of experience with unusual and intersting fish. After your pet's premature death, why don't you, disregarding embarassment (mistakes happen to the best of us, we just need to learn from each one), decribe the exact diet you gave her?

Also, since you like unusual fish, many of which like live food (confirmed by Jibran), why not learn to keep Eisenia fetida worms? They are very easy. I am sure the next Spiny Eel will love them and live a long time.. You can pick up these worms from any govt agricultural institute that works for farmers. They sell them for raising for manure for farmer's crops.
ok buddy next time i will be more care full about the feeding habits of eels. thank you guys :)

╙°•●·|√♪ҝą૬ |°•●·╕