Symptoms of Ammonia poisoning

Forum for discuss on freshwater diseases cure.
shergill00
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Symptoms of Ammonia poisoning

Unread post by shergill00 »

I have couple of zebra danios but there seems to be some problem with this guy. Its somewhat bloated at one place and swims slowly as compared to others. Cannot seem to find what the problem.

Let me know what is this and remedy to prevent and cure it.

After going through net i think the symptoms looks like ammonia poisoning. But i am surprised as i am changing water after every 3 days about 20%. Bio load is also not high, have 10 danios, 10 danceas, 2 mollies and 4 horadandios. Tank is 24x15x18 with diy substrate.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
deepesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Symptoms of Ammonia poisoning

Unread post by deepesh »

Not ammonia poisoning for sure. A localized bulge like this... First thought should be a tumor, distant second is a localised infection. I would go with tumor and see how it evolves. If it grows rapidly I would euthanize. If it does not grow at all I would wait and watch. By the way at this size I would regard any observable growth as rapid growth.
News from The North Indian barbecue is...
Browning outside, softening inside.
VishaalDalal
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Symptoms of Ammonia poisoning

Unread post by VishaalDalal »

similar Pimple appeared on one of my newly acquired CPD fry but the next day it had burst and now only a little redness remains. though on a small fish it looks very big.

the point is whether this is a localized boil or is it any parasite.