Lost 4 Oscars - Need Help Urgent

Forum for discuss on freshwater diseases cure.
Ansh681
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Lost 4 Oscars - Need Help Urgent

Unread post by Ansh681 »

Ok... I hope this thing works.... I will try it out.....

Regards
Himanshu
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

Ansh681 wrote:Its a triangular tank with 3ft width 4ft length 2.5ft height . 20% WC alternate days, I'm giving them Tetrabits. 6tigers, 2 albinos, 2 parrots , 1 betta. Now I'm left with 2 tigers, 2 parrots, 1 betta.

Regards
Himanshu
The first think i'll like to tell you is that, your selection of fish is not right. betta in a cichlid tank won't survive for long.
secondly though the tank is pretty large but with 8 oscars and two parrots IMo its over stocked.
i'm not sure if oscars are compatible with parrots and my experience says they are not. look for external injuries on oscars probably they were beaten to death by the parrots.
Sushant
Ansh681
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Ansh681 »

@ Sushant - Betta has already been moved to the fish bowl. Out of 8 Oscars , I've alreay lost 4 of them. I have checked out the remaining they don't have injury marks or any such thing on them.

Regards
Himanshu
praveen raj
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by praveen raj »

hey frnd may be ur oscars was in great stress....it might of died of external protozoan disease called hexamita.....keep them in clean water and try metrogyl tablets as stated by one of ur frnd