Low output of Eheim 2217 filter

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
LTJ
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Low output of Eheim 2217 filter

Unread post by LTJ »

Hi guys,

Wanted some help in solving my uncle's filter problem. His two year old Eheim 2217 filter flow rate has diminished. It was not working so I had cleaned the filter media, as well as the impeller parts. Now its pumping water but only if the output pipe is at a low height. If the output pipe is taken up to the tank level, the water level only rises up till half the pipe. Wondering if any part needs to be replaced. Oh and i broke the ceramic shaft in the process so any idea where i can get a replacement for it? oopsbig

Would be grateful for some advice.

Lima
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Low output of Eheim 2217 filter

Unread post by sumer »

Check the Voltage. Check if something is blocking the flow or if the filter media (wool/ cotton) is too old and needs to be replaced.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
LTJ
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by LTJ »

Voltage is normal. Tried it after removing all the media too. No luck... Maybe it needs replacement parts?
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

LTJ wrote:Voltage is normal. Tried it after removing all the media too. No luck... Maybe it needs replacement parts?
Replace that broken ceramic shaft. You will have to buy a setof impeller and shaft. Check ebay.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
LTJ
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by LTJ »

Thanks Abhi. I contacted Indus marketing for the spare parts. Will try and see if that works.