Problem in canister filter.

Forum for discuss about various equipments used with freshwater aquariums.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Problem in canister filter.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I have an Aqua Zonic external canister filter almost one and half year old. It was unused and in packing. Yesterday one of my Chinese canister filter has been failed. So I unpacked this filter to install. This filter is working properly. After half hour, power failed for atleast 10 minutes. When next time electricity came, filter not started. I have checked everything. But filter not started. I have opened the filter and checked power head. This time filter has start working properly. Power has been gone again for few minutes. But the same problem arise again and filter has not working.

Experts please suggest the solution of this problem.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
Romi
Editor
Editor

Re: Problem in canister filter.

Unread post by Romi »

the motor keeps humming and the flow stops?

i have an eheim 2213. if too many air bubbles collect in the pipe, water flow can stop. but that is just our fault, we need to ensure there are none and the siphon flow from inlet to motor has no air bubbles, and neither are there any from motor to the outlet. then it is easy.

does your motor stop or does it carry on when the filter flow is no more?
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Romi wrote:the motor keeps humming and the flow stops?

i have an eheim 2213. if too many air bubbles collect in the pipe, water flow can stop. but that is just our fault, we need to ensure there are none and the siphon flow from inlet to motor has no air bubbles, and neither are there any from motor to the outlet. then it is easy.

does your motor stop or does it carry on when the filter flow is no more?
There is no flow and vibration in the filter so I think motor does not revolves and it acts as a dead filter.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

juanico
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by juanico »

SCORPIO wrote:I have an Aqua Zonic external canister filter almost one and half year old. It was unused and in packing. Yesterday one of my Chinese canister filter has been failed. So I unpacked this filter to install. This filter is working properly. After half hour, power failed for atleast 10 minutes. When next time electricity came, filter not started. I have checked everything. But filter not started. I have opened the filter and checked power head. This time filter has start working properly. Power has been gone again for few minutes. But the same problem arise again and filter has not working.

- all valves (if any) fully open?
- no air in tubes, canister?
- no kink in the tubes?
- all sealings still ok...so canister can not suck in inleaked air?
- axis of power head ok? - mine was broken once...motor was running, but no performance.
- power head made for 50Hz or maybe 60Hz?...if for 60Hz it might be out of range of performance
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

juanico wrote:
SCORPIO wrote:I have an Aqua Zonic external canister filter almost one and half year old. It was unused and in packing. Yesterday one of my Chinese canister filter has been failed. So I unpacked this filter to install. This filter is working properly. After half hour, power failed for atleast 10 minutes. When next time electricity came, filter not started. I have checked everything. But filter not started. I have opened the filter and checked power head. This time filter has start working properly. Power has been gone again for few minutes. But the same problem arise again and filter has not working.

- all valves (if any) fully open?
- no air in tubes, canister?
- no kink in the tubes?
- all sealings still ok...so canister can not suck in inleaked air?
- axis of power head ok? - mine was broken once...motor was running, but no performance.
- power head made for 50Hz or maybe 60Hz?...if for 60Hz it might be out of range of performance

+1
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

open the filter, the magnet might need a cleaning. The rotor i think they call it.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Romi wrote:open the filter, the magnet might need a cleaning. The rotor i think they call it.
Now filter is running smoothly. From morning, I am busy in filter and wife busy in arguing me. "You can do it after breakfast. My daughter asking what to make in drawing." :lol:

Abhi

Unread post by Abhi »

SCORPIO wrote:
Romi wrote:open the filter, the magnet might need a cleaning. The rotor i think they call it.
Now filter is running smoothly. From morning, I am busy in filter and wife busy in arguing me. "You can do it after breakfast. My daughter asking what to make in drawing." :lol:

Ask her draw you fixing the canister :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !