LED Users:: Are you satisfied?

Post your quires regarding lighting needs in planted aquariums.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

LED Users:: Are you satisfied?

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Guys, I am using Edison LEDs in two planted tanks from last two months.

Tank 1: Moss tank: Good growth
Tank 2: Red Plants: I am not satisfied with growth of Red plants. HC is also growing with very smaller leaves. Growth is also slow. Temperature is around 25 degree celcius.

Please express your experiance and observations with LEDs.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: LED Users:: Are you satisfied?

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Very satisfied with my CREE LEDs Rajiv, especially the fact that I can control the amount of light.

For your information, I have uniform lighting all through the tank, and very little algae. In fact , no diatoms and hair algae whatsoever. And due to work pressure, I sometimes dont change the water for nearly 3 weeks at a stretch.

I recently procured Royal Blue LEDs from rapidLED and modified the driver so that I can vary the brightness. Very satisfied with the performance.

I am a believer in the fact that you pay once for a quality product and it more than makes up for all the trouble you go through when you purchase an inferior one.

CREE/Osram/Luxeon - go for these, you will not regret.
devchitra
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by devchitra »

where osram led shop in delhi
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I am planning to upgrade lights for next scape. In scape will be one of my dream aquascape but I am still confused about light. Till now I am not finalized finalized T5 or LED or MH.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

Cannot be more satisfied with my LED unit. Its been 16 months that I have been using mine.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays