Co2 refill in Delhi

Post your quires on Carbon Dioxide and alternative products.
PantomimeVilliain
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Co2 refill in Delhi

Unread post by PantomimeVilliain »

Hi guys

Just to give you a bit of a background, I am a recent planted tank enthusiast after keeping fish only tanks for 10 odd years (with the odd Amazon sword or Water Sprite). First time for me in terms of a heavily planted tank so I am pretty much learning on the job here...

I have a 4*1.5*1.5 tank with a lot of Hygrophila Corymbosa as well as Nomaphila Siamensis, which is very similar to the hygro. Apart from that I have some different swords, assorted Bacopa, A couple of green Cabomba, Mayaca fluivatis, One small Nymphea 'Lily', some Najas grass, Cardamne Lyrata, Jungle Vals, Saggitaria Vals and a couple of other plants I cannot really recognize.

To cut to the chase, I have avoided the temptation to go with Co2 so far, given the complicated nature of the setup as well as the constant monitoring of parameters. But having seen my beautiful plants covered with brown algae/diatoms, i came to the conclusion that my plants are not growing fast enough to 'outcompete' the diatoms and/or there are chemical/nutritional imbalances in the tank. Everything is covered with brown slime to differeing degrees, with the slower growing plants suffering the worst.

SO to promote faster growth and vetter uptake of nutrients, I have pretty much made up my mind to go with Co2 injection. There are multiple online sellers that sell full kits to individual components like regulators/diffusers/cylinders etc etc, so availability is not really a problem.

However, having done my due diligence , I am struggling to find any concrete information on getting these cylinders refilled when they run out. I have looked all over the internet to find sources in Delhi, but to no avail. Any existing info is pretty old and doesnt hold true anymore. Not to be too long winded, i just need to know where I can get these cylinders refilled in Delhi.

Price is not an issue, only distance is. Going to Faridabad or Ghaziabad or something is not something I would prefer to do. I am in Jungpura Extn by the way, next to Lajpat 1 and Def col.

So ANY help will be VERY appreciated. Buying a cylinder and then rendering it obsolete after 6 odd months is pointless. I'd rather do a non CO2 rank if I cannot find sources for C02 refill.

Thanks a ton in advance.
juanico
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: Co2 refill in Delhi

Unread post by juanico »

Hi

this info might be a bit old, but 3 years ago i used to refill my CO2 here:

Ajay Gases in Arjun Nagar/Safdarjung Enclave

cheers
juanico
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

juanico wrote:Hi

cheers
juanico

Welcome back.
PantomimeVilliain wrote:Going to Faridabad or Ghaziabad or something is not something I would prefer to do. I am in Jungpura Extn by the way, next to Lajpat 1 and Def col.
You can go to Anand Parvat or Shahdara or as suggested by junico.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
PantomimeVilliain
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Thanks guys, will try calling up this guy in a bit and see if he is still doing it.

Also heard of a place in Bhogal where refills are supposedly done. That would be great for me as it is like a 1 km from my place.

Any other suggestions are welcome. If anyone has gotten a refill done in the last 6 odd months, please let me know.

Regards
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

juanico wrote:Hi

cheers
juanico
This guy is now not filling co2, making excuses that co2 plant is far not much requirement etc. I also use to refill from him.

Given my cylinder to a Gurgaon hobbyist , he will do it for me.

Badarpur plant closed as heard.

May be Rajivji suggestion ok for Shahdra. Now a days I am visiting shadara regular, here u may find many co2 refilling store.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by apuda2010 »

Just opposite the MCD hospital in Bhogal are two shops who refill medical gases. Go to the one at the corner, he will do the refill for you. Expensive by a long shot but does the job. I don't remember the name of the shop, I think it's called Arjun Gases.
PantomimeVilliain
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Gonna check the bhogal one out as it is barely a km from my residence! Thanks a ton for the info, dont mind paying more for the convenience. Just hope they still do it!

Also, the fire extinguisher refill thing sounds promising. Anyone know any fire extinguisher gas dealers in South Delhi?

Thanks
PantomimeVilliain
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

And a quick question on cylinder capacity. should i go for a 4kg cylinder or a 2kg one? I have a 4 feet tank which is planted towards the heavier side.
The seller tried to convince me to go for the 4KG one for obvious reasons....
asheesh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by asheesh »

go with 4 kg otherwise you will end up refiling it after every two weeks
Image Image Image
smileysid
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by smileysid »

Vaibhav oxygen, in Mohan co-operative, Near Badarpur (in the lane next to Mercedes showroom).
Price is Rs.150-200/ 3Kg
- Siddharth Sahani | Architect | Photographer | Aqua-hobbyist| www.siddharthsahani.com