Dosage of Glutaraldehyde in Aquarium.

Post your quires on Carbon Dioxide and alternative products.
apuda2010
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Dosage of Glutaraldehyde in Aquarium.

Unread post by apuda2010 »

RKrazy...visit a chemists shop near a hospital. Ask them for Cidex by J&J. They should have it. Buy the full 1ltr bottle. It is white in colour. It comes with a small bottle of activator with it. Throw it - it is not of any use.

If you cannot locate even a single chemist , your best option is to visit Dawa Bazaar (this is a pharma wholesale market near Princess Street). You can buy enough Glut there to last you a lifetime.

Your regular neighbourhood pharmacist may not know about Cidex since it is not a consumer medication and is therefore not a part of mainline pharmacology.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

If want Glut, visit any chemical shop who supplies chemicals in labs. He will sure give you Gluteraldehyde.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
superbsite
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Dosage of Glutaraldehyde in Aquarium.

Unread post by superbsite »

Thanks for this Rajiv

Need some clarification

I have 25% Glut. To make a 1.5% solution Ive taken 36ml added to 564 ml water (Total 600ml)
How much should I be dosing from this 600 ml solution ?

I use Azoo Liquid Carbon and follow this dosing
5ml for 100 Litres at Initial/Water Change ie 0.05 ml per litre
5ml for 200 Litres Daily or Alternate days ie 0.03 ml per litre

Azoo does not specify what % solution their product is so will it be ok to follow the same dosing using the 600 ml mix ?
You can collect Walter/Micro/Beer/Grindals/ - Worm Cultures and plant cuttings from my tanks after I've pruned. +919833462069
All this for Free for Hobbyists.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

superbsite wrote: I have 25% Glut. To make a 1.5% solution Ive taken 36ml added to 564 ml water (Total 600ml)
How much should I be dosing from this 600 ml solution ?
Dose directly 25% solution in the tank. It is my experience that mixture of water and Glut is not effective to much a 2-3 week. So take 1 ml/40 liter in a syringe and release in front of flow of filter.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

himansh
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by himansh »

where is it available in delhi?
superbsite
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

SCORPIO wrote: Dose directly 25% solution in the tank. It is my experience that mixture of water and Glut is not effective to much a 2-3 week. So take 1 ml/40 liter in a syringe and release in front of flow of filter.
Ok Thanks Rajiv

Some questions

Is this the regular daily/alternate day dose or at the time of water change?

Basically wanted to know 2 doses (a) how much ml/ltr at 30% water change and (b) the regular daily/alternate dose

Thanks
You can collect Walter/Micro/Beer/Grindals/ - Worm Cultures and plant cuttings from my tanks after I've pruned. +919833462069
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

superbsite wrote:Is this the regular daily/alternate day dose or at the time of water change?

Basically wanted to know 2 doses (a) how much ml/ltr at 30% water change and (b) the regular daily/alternate dose
If you have heavenly planted tank, you can use upto 1ml of 25% solution, daily otherwise dose in alternate days. Always try to dose when you on the lights. Plants consumes so no any issue of water change.

superbsite
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Ok Good.
Yes I dose just 15mins before the lights come on.
Thanks Rajiv.
arijit
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by arijit »

Hi Scorpio, could u please clear my doubts regarding use of 25% glut?
As per most sites (and as mentioned in this thread also), the standard procedure of using glut is to dilute to excel conc (1.5%) and dose it. However you are suggesting to add 1ml 25%glut directly which is approx 15 times a stronger conc. Since u must be dosing it, I am sure you will be the best judge but I would be glad to see the evidence before using such a higher dose.
Abhi
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhi »

arijit wrote:Hi Scorpio, could u please clear my doubts regarding use of 25% glut?
As per most sites (and as mentioned in this thread also), the standard procedure of using glut is to dilute to excel conc (1.5%) and dose it. However you are suggesting to add 1ml 25%glut directly which is approx 15 times a stronger conc. Since u must be dosing it, I am sure you will be the best judge but I would be glad to see the evidence before using such a higher dose.

All of his tanks are dosed with glut, check his journals and you would be surprised by the growth this guy gets.
MTS: Multiple tank syndrome !