Dosage of Glutaraldehyde in Aquarium.

Post your quires on Carbon Dioxide and alternative products.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Dosage of Glutaraldehyde in Aquarium.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Matrix wrote:Will be trying Glut for the first time on my nano tank tomorrow. Rajiv ji do we have does it daily?
Does it in alternative days. Calculate to dose carefully.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
marsaiko
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by marsaiko »

But PPM will keep decreasing over time after dosing.

So how do we know how frequently one should dose for different sized tank, does it have an absorbtion factor or something.?
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

marsaiko wrote:But PPM will keep decreasing over time after dosing.

So how do we know how frequently one should dose for different sized tank, does it have an absorbtion factor or something.?
The concentration of Glut in the aquarium will be used by the plants over time. If your tank is heavenly planted you can dose up to 6ppm in alternate days. In semi planted tanks dose after 3 days. The result will be amazing. I have dosing in moss tank once a week.
It is depend upon the absorbption. More plants will absorb more glut.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

@marsaiko

i did a water change as soon as i realised the fish were in discomfort. i did it two times and over 50 percent i think. but it didnt work. so i think the damage was done very very fast. :(
Matrix
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Matrix »

Just a Note on Glutaraldehyde if your are new to this:-

There are Glutaraldehyde products in the Market which comes with an activator (once mixed the solution turns yellowish green in color). I did some reading on the same and noted that people who have already tried such products have just tossed out the activiator (its not required) They used just the plain colorless solution.
---
Amol
marsaiko

Unread post by marsaiko »

Romi wrote:@marsaiko

i did a water change as soon as i realised the fish were in discomfort. i did it two times and over 50 percent i think. but it didnt work. so i think the damage was done very very fast. :(
Thanks for the info Romi.
Matrix wrote:There are Glutaraldehyde products in the Market which comes with an activator (once mixed the solution turns yellowish green in color). I did some reading on the same and noted that people who have already tried such products have just tossed out the activiator (its not required) They used just the plain colorless solution.
I quite dint get the meaning, can we have the LINK of the read please?
nut cases ratt
brainless growl
rest you dont understand, and thats where you read/think TWICE before you post!!
aamir
Experts
Experts

Unread post by aamir »

Matrix wrote:Just a Note on Glutaraldehyde if your are new to this:-

There are Glutaraldehyde products in the Market which comes with an activator (once mixed the solution turns yellowish green in color). I did some reading on the same and noted that people who have already tried such products have just tossed out the activiator (its not required) They used just the plain colorless solution.
he is talking about cidex.
Fb....(aamir.khan.180072@facebook.com)
New number 9560682201
RemirezyKrazy
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by RemirezyKrazy »

Very Helpful information.. Is this better than a DIY CO2 setup made by yeast and sugar? I did try the DIY CO2 but it takes ages to get a good infusion..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I believe we should all pay our tax with a smile. I tried - but they wanted cash.

``Ashish``
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

RemirezyKrazy wrote:Very Helpful information.. Is this better than a DIY CO2 setup made by yeast and sugar? I did try the DIY CO2 but it takes ages to get a good infusion..
It is more effective in comparison of DIY CO2 but use carefully.

vijendra_s123

Unread post by vijendra_s123 »

SCORPIO wrote:How to calculate the required dosage:

Suppose you want to dose 20% Glutaraldehyde solution direct with 4.0 ppm in a 100 litre water. The equation will be as:

Dosage of Glut = (Required Volume of water in liter X Required ppm / % Solution X 10000) X 1000 ml
Dosage of Glut = (100 X 4/20 X 10000) X 1000 ml
Dosage of Glut = (400/200000) X 1000 ml
Dosage of Glut = 0.002 X 1000 ml

Dosage of Glut = 2 ml

This 2 ml glutaraldehyde will be safe for flora and fauna both.
You can use syringe to dose glutaraldehyde safely.

Rajivji this 2ml per 100ltrs dosage - is this for a week?? if yes do we have to dose all the 2ml at once or can we break it and dose accordingly (ex. 1ml twice a week)