Need Technical information for CO2 Setup.

Post your quires on Carbon Dioxide and alternative products.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Need Technical information for CO2 Setup.

Unread post by SCORPIO »

I want to use single CO2 cylinder with four planted tanks. All the tanks are different size. I need following information:

1. Which equipments I need?
2. Which size cylinder will be enough for 3-4 months?
3. This arrangement of running 4 cylinder from a single cylinder is economically feasible or not?

Advice will be appreciated.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
jack

Re: Need Technical information for CO2 Setup.

Unread post by jack »

sorry if i misguide you as my mind is not at all towards hobby this days but as long as i know here are the few answers

1) you will need CO2 splitter 1/4 and you can easily control 4 tanks from 1 cylinder, but regulating them according to their tanks need will be tricky
2) biggest that you can afford and the place can handle... i have 2 kg cylinder that lasts for 2 months in my 2 footer
3) its economical but initial investment is more, plus you might have to give up on the controllability of each tank... think before you invest :)
Finally i am Broke but Happy :D
bhim
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by bhim »

it will be easy to put input if you mention the tank sizes and what are the equipments you already own.
How ever you can use a single regulator, solenoid, (solenoid to save co2 during night) manifold, needle valve to adjust different input for different tank, use polyutherene tubes since they hold more pressure. Also use diffuser which gives fine bubbles like mist, clean diffuser when they clog without fails since less co2 will dissolve in water if the bubbles from diffuser are big.
And also don't buy local flow control valve for fine tuning co2 adjustment, buy good quality needle valve since adjusting co2 for each tank will be ease with needle valve, it's headache with local flow control valve. Or If you want to save money on needle valve go for very low pressure flow control valve. In some local flow control valve there will be some leakage at tuners fix them with teflon tape.
And also check each and every joints for leakage with diluted soap or shampoo solution and fix the leakages if any.
All the best for your future project.
Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them
sachianu
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sachianu »

Scorpio,
Dont mistake, I am just about to decide on using Glut for my 20 gallon tank. I have gone thro your other thread on Glut. Want to understand, your decision/thoughts on moving away from Glut to Pressurised CO2 setup.
Thanks in advance.
Sanjay
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

sachianu wrote:Scorpio,
Dont mistake, I am just about to decide on using Glut for my 20 gallon tank. I have gone thro your other thread on Glut. Want to understand, your decision/thoughts on moving away from Glut to Pressurised CO2 setup.
Thanks in advance.
Sanjay
I am already using Glut/Pressurized CO2 in some of my tanks. I am not going away from Glut.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sachianu
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sachianu »

Scorpio. Thank You. It is reassuring. One of fellow hobbyist got the bottle of Glut, made 1.5% soln and shared it with a few friends (including me). I am excited to start using it. Regards, Sanjay
bobvin
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by bobvin »

Glut is a good source of carbon dioxide.