Substrate for new planted tank

Forum for discussion on substrate and fertilizers used in aquariums
parthapratim22

Re: Substrate for new planted tank

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

yes it will stay on the slope as you have prepared!!! no worry about that.

No sure about the availability of what kind of gravel in Delhi, but for easy plantation 2-3mm is the desired!!!

top layer need to be 1-2 inches, also because of soilrite better to make it more thick!!!
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
abartar
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by abartar »

Any suggestions on the landscape and subsequent changes that can be done in the substrate design.
Aviral Bartar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

abartar wrote:Any suggestions on the landscape and subsequent changes that can be done in the substrate design.
Are you also adding some rocks/woods etc. or your tank is ready for plantation?
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
abartar
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by abartar »

SCORPIO wrote: Are you also adding some rocks/woods etc. or your tank is ready for plantation?
I was planning to place a big driftwood at the centre with some rocks surrounding it. Will be visiting laxmi nagar today to see if something is available. Please let me know if you have some options/suggestions. Alternately will place them at a latter time when these are available.

This is the last weekend before my family is back next week. I have to make it live by this weekend. :)
Last edited by abartar on Thu May 31, 2012 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aviral Bartar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

abartar wrote:
SCORPIO wrote: Are you also adding some rocks/woods etc. or your tank is ready for plantation?
I was planning to place a big driftwood at the centre with some rocks surrounding it. Will be visiting laxmi nagar today to see if something is available. Please let me know if you have some options/suggestions. Alternately will place them at a latter time when these are available.
Start your tank after collecting all of the stuff. After that make a rough layout and post here. On the inputs of aquarists here, make change accordingly.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

abartar
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by abartar »

Can we expect to find some drift wood / rock during our collection trip this sunday.
Aviral Bartar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

abartar wrote:Can we expect to find some drift wood / rock during our collection trip this sunday.
There can find only some plants, fishes and shrimps.

parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

SCORPIO wrote:
abartar wrote:
Start your tank after collecting all of the stuff. After that make a rough layout and post here. On the inputs of aquarists here, make change accordingly.
:1
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
abartar
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by abartar »

Bought 15 Kgs of brown fine gravel but it appears to be less. Will buy 5 more Kgs. Unable to find drift wood & rocks near buy.
Aviral Bartar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

abartar wrote:Bought 15 Kgs of brown fine gravel but it appears to be less. Will buy 5 more Kgs. Unable to find drift wood & rocks near buy.
You can collect rocks from Jhandewalan. I have seen, there are lots of suitable rocks on the roadside. Chek Nirav for woods.