Substrate for new planted tank

Forum for discussion on substrate and fertilizers used in aquariums
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Substrate for new planted tank

Unread post by SCORPIO »

abartar wrote:Here is the photo of the rocks. I hope they are fine for the aquarium. Will change it later if anything better is found.
Aviral, the edge of rocks are too sharp, I fear they harm to fishes.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
abartar
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by abartar »

SCORPIO wrote:
abartar wrote:Here is the photo of the rocks. I hope they are fine for the aquarium. Will change it later if anything better is found.
Aviral, the edge of rocks are too sharp, I fear they harm to fishes.
Thanks. Let me try to grind it a bit.
Aviral Bartar
zico_aqua
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by zico_aqua »

Plus I would say these rocks are way to man-made cut types won't give a great natural feeling to the tank. Try getting some red based stone that can be locally collected. And if you want to spend bucks on hardscape I would say get some seriyu or manten ADA stones they look absolutely brilliant! happy scaping my man! :D to put in your harscape pics perhaps all can give you a collective suggestion on the best possible scape..:D
Abhradip Choudhuri

Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

if these rocks doesnt respond to vinegar test then use it in your scape!!!

As the color showed is quite lighter or near white color so it may not give so natural look, but we cant help it, many parts of our country does provide good rocks, next time if possible try to search for some blackish rocks that may look more natural.

Also if possible try to search for some smaller rocks(supporter for bigger rocks) of same kind that may help you to achieve a more fuller look to your scape.

Happy scaping!!!
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
abartar
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by abartar »

Thanks. This was the best I could find out at the moment but I agree with you. Will be on look out for replacement as soon as I find better rocks. Suggestions well noted. Thanks again.
Aviral Bartar
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

zico_aqua wrote:Plus I would say these rocks are way to man-made cut types won't give a great natural feeling to the tank. Try getting some red based stone that can be locally collected. And if you want to spend bucks on hardscape I would say get some seriyu or manten ADA stones they look absolutely brilliant! happy scaping my man! :D to put in your harscape pics perhaps all can give you a collective suggestion on the best possible scape..:D
Here in Delhi, finding suitable rocks for aquascape is very difficult task. Many times, I want to setup a new scape but waits for suitable rocks. From last four months, I am searching some volcanic rocks but unable to find till now. :adore
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda