Jewel Cichlid

Forum for discussion on Cichlids.
Zakk
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Re: Jewel Cichlid

Unread post by Zakk »

they don't uproot up the plants but mine ate the leaves esp the tender ones. maybe the food i was feeding them lacked the required nutrients cos it more for meat eating cichlids.
Just cos it happened to you is no means for you to claim that it will happen to me. Exceptions aren't the rule.

Viresh "The Warbringer" Fleming

eluviet@hotmail.com
sushant

Unread post by sushant »

these are one of the best cichlid to keep if u want to see the parental care in fish.i use to have a pair of them and had many fries from them, which were either given to lfs in exchange of other fish or distributed to fellow hobbyists. But they get highly territorial while breading . also,repeated breeding and fry care tends to weaken the female and the nipping and biting from male which otherwise may be of little harm prove to be highly fetal. this can be reduced to minimum by separating the pair for a minimum of 15 days so that the female can regain her full health.
Sushant
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

male jewel cichilds will kill females who are unwiling to mate when he is! very beautiful but cruel males. in nature, the female swims away to safety. in tank, she is dead.