One day workshop for School Kids about Aquarium Hobby

Post and discuss on various events related to hobby.
neilthirumuttam
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Location: Oachira village ,Kollam dist , Kerala state , India

One day workshop for School Kids about Aquarium Hobby

Unread post by neilthirumuttam »

school children 5 th 10 th std can participate
registration form can be downloaded from FB page of
Kerala Ornamental Fish Hobbyists & Breeders Group
Venue: Thirumuttam Info Centre kollam dist Kerala
Date: 28 December 2014
fee : ITS FREE

anticipating support from all of you
Regards,
NEIL
SHARE THE BRAIN SHARE THE FUTURE
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: One day workshop for School Kids about Aquarium Hobby

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Nice initiative.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
sumer
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by sumer »

Wonderful initiative Neil. It's the time when we should start making the kids aware of the different hobbies which relate to the nature. Fish-keeping is definitely one of them.
I'd love to hear more about your workshop. What are the things that you are going to talk about?
Show them a LOT of photos. Feel free to use photos from my website www.playsofrays.com
Wishing you all the best.
SCORPIO wrote:Nice initiative.
Rajiv ji, I would expect a little more from you. A number of times I have seen you write "Great", "Too good", "Nice work" etc. Just two words?
You being the owner of this forum should indulge in the conversations. Things that you write put a full stop in the conversation. You need to learn to keep the conversation going. In fact it is a major problem in this forum. A lot of users copy your method and write these two words of "ehsaan". Yes, that's how it sounds. It sounds like just because the thread starter took the pain and created a thread, you simply are returning the favor and doing an "ehsaan" on him by writing these two words.
Doesn't matter if it's a photo thread or a general informative thread, you give the same response everywhere.

It's not just the number of thread but the quality of the content which keeps a forum going. Have a look at the Hydra forum. In very less time, they have gathered so much great content. It's that content that makes the users signup there.
All the users that have signed up here did that either because they are friends with and respect you or they live in and around delhi or they knew a person here and wanted to talk to him.
You will have to take the initiative and start thinking bigger for the future of the forum otherwise I don't see a great future ahead.
I also know a bunch of good hobbyists who just never joined the forum because of your invitation emails. Again, don't force people to join; have the content that should allure the hobbyists to join.
People buy what shines.

I am extremely sorry for ranting in your thread, Neil. But I thought it was important.
Don't only practice your art, but force your way into it's secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine.
My aquarium photography: Plays Of Rays
Shiladitya
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Shiladitya »

^ True.. How are you Sumer ??
Shiladitya Biswas
Abhishek
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Abhishek »

I support your statement Sumer, from the day 1 itself in this forum I am breaking my voice that quantity doesn't matter quality matter but still no heed paid to it. And also sometime I feel so irritated that people are busy to explore only one side of the hobby, you post something different and your post/thread goes unanswered!!!

Now back to the Topic -

Lovely initiative there Neil, and do let us know what all are you going to explain in the workshop?
I will spread the word about your workshop, wish that it turns out to be a great success :)
Shiladitya
New Star of AquaPetZ!
New Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by Shiladitya »

@neilthirumuttam - I couldn't find the form in your group. Can you please post the form and the details on https://www.facebook.com/groups/aquacentral/. I will pin it for you.
Shiladitya Biswas
neilthirumuttam
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Rising Star of AquaPetZ!
Location: Oachira village ,Kollam dist , Kerala state , India

Unread post by neilthirumuttam »

https://www.facebook.com/groups/keralao ... 392289001/
its here
this is not a corporate sponsored event
its just a hobbyists shared event
so we are celebrating this xmas
regards
SHALL SHARE THE SNAPSHOTS HERE
NEIL
Last edited by neilthirumuttam on Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
SHARE THE BRAIN SHARE THE FUTURE
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Unread post by saikumar »

Abhishek wrote:from the day 1 itself in this forum I am breaking my voice that quantity doesn't matter quality doesn't matter but still no heed paid to it. :)
Typo? whis

What is advertised more attractively will spread more. Thatsy we need your beautiful Shrimp and tank pics :thumup , I ll bump it for you, you just don't stop.
Abhishek

Unread post by Abhishek »

Yes Sai, that was a typo and corrected it :)

Well advertisement is good if you want to sell and make profit for some thing :) But if that is not in motive then no point in doing that :)
Well take it into PM-level :)
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

Very true Sumer. Thank you for using the exact wording to express. I like to be pointed out if I am not doing my task.

Neilji I am waiting for your PM on FB.

Coming to the point, I have seen your nice documentation of whatever you have started for the hobby, expecting more such work from you.
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60