Aquapetz Aquascaping Contest-2012. Enquiries

Announcements and Updates related to https://aquapetz.com will be here. Only Admin/Moderators can start a new topic.
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Aquapetz Aquascaping Contest-2012. Enquiries

Unread post by SCORPIO »

Here you can post anything about Aquapetz Aquascaping Contest 2012.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Re: Aquapetz Aquascaping Contest-2012. Enquiries

Unread post by bmukh »

There are too many threads on the contest, so finding it difficult to follow all of them :( . The last I was following (and I may be completely wrong here), are we thinking of sending aquatic gifts along with certificate of merit to the winners? Or only certificate of merit? Please note that, sending packages to international participants can cost a bomb (may be more than the gift itself). Therefore, how about approaching some aqua stores and give the winners online redeemable coupons from these stores? The certificate of merit should also be printed and sent electronically.

Pardon me if this issue is already settled earlier.
parthapratim22

Unread post by parthapratim22 »

very valid point...I dont have any idea of international courier charges
Aquascaping Products and Designs http://aquapetz.com/viewforum.php?f=60
SCORPIO
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by SCORPIO »

bmukh wrote:There are too many threads on the contest, so finding it difficult to follow all of them :( . The last I was following (and I may be completely wrong here), are we thinking of sending aquatic gifts along with certificate of merit to the winners? Or only certificate of merit? Please note that, sending packages to international participants can cost a bomb (may be more than the gift itself). Therefore, how about approaching some aqua stores and give the winners online redeemable coupons from these stores? The certificate of merit should also be printed and sent electronically.

Padon me if this issue is already settled earlier.
Bappa Da, We can send certificates and accessories to Indians by post/courier but if the winners will be from outside, certificates will be by courier but we have to talk to any aquastore for this matter. I think your contacts will be help us.
“Take up one idea. Make that one idea your life - think of it, dream of it, live on that idea. This is the way to success.”

...................Swami Vivekananda
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

Why have different treatment for Indians and others? Lets aim global (we have many outside the country who are interested in the forum). Further, online certificate saves all the cost and trouble and gift coupon completely takes the logistics headache for us. Rajiv, so let us get going. Let us, in a day or two, identify some online aqua (reliable stores) who can be our 'sponsor' in the sense that they will issue gift coupons. I can talk to Indiapetstore may be Aqueous Kolkata. Let us approach a few.

Let us have a idea about how much in terms of total gift money we want to have and then it would be easier.
There are two ways to go about it in my opinion:
(A) Democratic participation: For all these 'what to do questions', let us have simple two days online poll, with you proposing the alternatives. For example, we can start a quick poll (that stays for 48 hours) where members vote among these 4 (say) alternatives. Total gift money (a) upto 10k (b) 10-15k (c) 15-20k (d) 20-30k. Once we arrive at a figure, we then approach for 'sponsorship'. (B) Appointed members/committee decides. This may be more workable, where you create a quick team of 'organizers', who decides, take the call and then deliver!

In light of all these, should we delay the competition announcement day by a few days, or do we announce the prizes later?
parthapratim22

bmukh wrote:Why have different treatment for Indians and others? Lets aim global (we have many outside the country who are interested in the forum). Further, online certificate saves all the cost and trouble and gift coupon completely takes the logistics headache for us. Rajiv, so let us get going. Let us, in a day or two, identify some online aqua (reliable stores) who can be our 'sponsor' in the sense that they will issue gift coupons. I can talk to Indiapetstore may be Aqueous Kolkata. Let us approach a few.

Let us have a idea about how much in terms of total gift money we want to have and then it would be easier.
(A) Democratic participation: For all these 'what to do questions', let us have simple two days online poll, with you proposing the alternatives. For example, we can start a quick poll (that stays for 48 hours) where members vote among these 4 (say) alternatives. Total gift money (a) upto 10k (b) 10-15k (c) 15-20k (d) 20-30k. Once we arrive at a figure, we then approach for 'sponsorship'. (B) Appointed members/committee decides. This may be more workable, where you create a quick team of 'organizers', who decides, take the call and then deliver!

In light of all these, should we delay the competition announcement day by a few days, or do we announce the prizes later?
Best!!!
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

parthapratim22 wrote:.....
Best!!!
What does that mean? :o . How do we go about this issue? Suggestions please! I personally prefer small groups deciding most things. It becomes easier to plan and do. This group can then carry out the discussion offline, and just give an update once something is done/decided. What is your view?

If we go the 'tie up with online stores' route, we can think of a 'matching amount concept'. As organizers if we are raising amount X (among the members) for prize money, we approach online stores who will have to give gift coupons worth the matching amount, so that the eventual prize amount is 2X. This may work, but we have to test the water. Ofcourse we can think of ceiling/floor one single store can contribute/get.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

bmukh wrote:Why have different treatment for Indians and others? Lets aim global (we have many outside the country who are interested in the forum). Further, online certificate saves all the cost and trouble and gift coupon completely takes the logistics headache for us. Rajiv, so let us get going. Let us, in a day or two, identify some online aqua (reliable stores) who can be our 'sponsor' in the sense that they will issue gift coupons. I can talk to Indiapetstore may be Aqueous Kolkata. Let us approach a few.

:1
parthapratim22

bmukh wrote:
parthapratim22 wrote:.....
Best!!!
What does that mean? :o . How do we go about this issue? Suggestions please! I personally prefer small groups deciding most things. It becomes easier to plan and do. This group can then carry out the discussion offline, and just give an update once something is done/decided. What is your view?

If we go the 'tie up with online stores' route, we can think of a 'matching amount concept'. As organizers if we are raising amount X (among the members) for prize money, we approach online stores who will have to give gift coupons worth the matching amount, so that the eventual prize amount is 2X. This may work, but we have to test the water. Ofcourse we can think of ceiling/floor one single store can contribute/get.
Give me some time. I am already looking for the sites. But I was thinking of ebay only. But how to get the amount if I want to deliver the gift in USA??? How much I have to pay??? How to find that???
bmukh
Experts
Experts

Unread post by bmukh »

@partha: ebay is certainly a good concept for international delivery, but I wonder whether we can approach them for 'matching amount'. We can certainly ask Indian online stores whether (a) they can ship abroad; and (b) what can they ship abroad? If we can get lfs or ebay to partner, then we do not have to worry about the cargo, transportation, courier etc. The total gift coupon should be such that a portion of that is redeemable for getting aquatic stuff and the rest for transportation. So say, a partner (India and abroad, USA to begin with) should do. But for all these, we need time, I am not sure all this can be pulled before August 1 so that we can update the announcements!