DIY- Simple hangon light for plantedtank

Post the details about DIY Projects.
saikumar
Aspiring Star of AquapetZ!

Re: DIY- Simple hangon light for plantedtank

Unread post by saikumar »

I got hold of this old stuff, still lying around unused. So feshly clicked pics.

SCORPIO wrote:Good idea but it is looking that plastic clips are not too much strong
Excellently spotted Rajiv ji.
And this is the reason, one side pipe was shorter and so its bending other side which has longer extension stays perpendicular.

So when making it, care to be taken that all pieces are uniform.

Straight one
WP_000609.jpg
bent one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
saikumar

ishaan wrote:good idea but one thing i have observed when i was using that type of clips for some other purpose is that the spring in them get rusted soon
Fortunately, I bough ones with Aluminum(or SS?) so... :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
saikumar

Romi wrote:That is a very good DIY, Sai. Practical and useful. Can we have a picture of the relector from underneath?
here you go sire... ignore the student-budget threads, you can use some posh fasteners instead. A long screw would do too.

Dint wanna disturb the spider who is using it :adore her boyfriend ran away though.
ishaan
Promising Star of AquaPetZ!

Unread post by ishaan »

saikumar wrote:
Romi wrote: Dint wanna disturb the spider who is using it :adore her boyfriend ran away though.
how do you know its he/she :roll
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
saikumar

eggsac :) and normally males are a bit thin... might be waaay wrong about male, but female pakka.
ishaan

Unread post by ishaan »

saikumar wrote:eggsac :) and normally males are a bit thin... might be waaay wrong about male, but female pakka.
female pakka :LOL , never bothered to observe them just ram before them with footwears :twisted:
anyways your :thjack
A collection of mistakes is called experience and experience is the key to success.
Ishaan Pathania
+919041208868
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Sai, i am most impressed with your firstly, calm observation of animal life (read spiders) and appreciation of their role in the world around us, second, complimented by an absence of obvious bias in favour of fish/plant/invert that many hobbyists have. In fact, this thoughtfullness and consideration for other creatures is the halmark of a true nature lover. :thumup In fact, i confess i am even more interested in your hood idea now, can i now expect u to photograph the ootheca for us? :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

My angelfish are talented spider/fly/gnat eaters. I wonder if yoru hood makes it possible for this live food to spontaneously colonise it, and generate suitablu regular high-protein diet possibilities for no additional effort on your part? :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: ...

Since the thread is already jacked, as Ishaan has most helpfully accepted (thanks Ishaan, i will add an extra umbrealla sedge plantlet for you in yoru courier now), i am sure a moderator will not come barging in to break us up. He will indulge us, in the interests of conservation of mother nature in aquarium hoods themsleves, when possible. hehe.
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

This is a daddy long legs spider. why don't you google it and decide if u have enough material to say if the absconding spider was indeed male? I agree, females tend to be larger. Aslo, some females eat their mates, and males allow this since it ensures the father's genes survive in his offspring (with a better nourished mama spider who is therfore more able to make babies and in enhanced number also!).
Romi
Editor
Editor

Unread post by Romi »

Romi wrote:Sai, i am most impressed with your firstly, calm observation of animal life (read spiders) and appreciation of their role in the world around us, second, complimented by an absence of obvious bias in favour of fish/plant/invert that many hobbyists have. In fact, this thoughtfullness and consideration for other creatures is the halmark of a true nature lover. :thumup In fact, i confess i am even more interested in your hood idea now, can i now expect u to photograph the ootheca for us? :roll: :lol: :mrgreen:

Thanks for the prompt photos.

My angelfish are talented spider/fly/gnat eaters. I wonder if yoru hood makes it possible for this live food to spontaneously colonise it, and generate suitablu regular high-protein diet possibilities for no additional effort on your part? :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: :geek: :ugeek: ...

Since the thread is already jacked, as Ishaan has most helpfully accepted (thanks Ishaan, i will add an extra umbrealla sedge plantlet for you in yoru courier now), i am sure a moderator will not come barging in to break us up. He will indulge us, in the interests of conservation of mother nature in aquarium hoods themsleves, when possible. hehe.